I was pretty near although I never thought of the Schotten dicht in the naval term. The one thing Just being pedantic but if the bulkheads or Hatches were closed, would the ship be sinking?:thinking:

You would shut the hatches if the ship starts sinking to prevent it from doing so. ;)

To explain the "other" meaning: it suggests that you are so filled up with booze that you can't take any more (as if your hatches were shut tight).

Edited by der Berliner

Wouldn't it go to head to head results

+

I would also hazard a guess that they may ship a heap more goals. Wouldn't be too much of a stretch to presume that a Man City at home who can beat Barca 3-1 can hammer them by considerably more and they have every incentive to do so. If Barca were to be held to a draw in Germany while City were totally devastating ra sellick City could actually go level top of the group on the night and the entire thing could come down to GD for group winner. To go level with if Barca drew in Germany would require an 8-0 win but since Barca hit them for 7 it's not beyond possibility.

And that would also give Barca every incentive to hammer them by as much as possible when they come to Glasgow for the final match.

The reaction to their draw continues its hilarity - today I'm reading quotes from Brenda about how they have got over their hoodoo away from home and there is a bit of pride about them in Europe again - zero wins in the group and an away draw gifted by a penalty = pride apparently :D

Wouldn't it go to head to head results

+

Yes, the head to head counts first I believe.

Which means Celtic need a win from their final two games.

The only thing which helps them is the fact that both Barca and Man City are effectively through - though I am sure both will still want to finish top of the group to avoid the other big hitters in the next round.

The reaction to their draw continues its hilarity - today I'm reading quotes from Brenda about how they have got over their hoodoo away from home and there is a bit of pride about them in Europe again - zero wins in the group and an away draw gifted by a penalty = pride apparently :D

No surprise, we have always known they are delusional !

Let's see what the reaction is to the thrashing they will inevitably get in Manchester. This Man City will be a whole different animal from the one that went to Glasgow and incidentally still hit 3 goals there.

BRENDAN RODGERS says Celtic have exceeded expectations with their performances in the Champions League this season.

Bottom of the group, no wins, i'm guessing "exceeded expectation" to mean he expected to have shipped 20 goals already rather than the mere 'respectable' 13 goals in 4 games. On to Manchester where City have an interest in scoring as many as possible and we can be sure they would absolutely love to at least match the Barca haul.

Maybe if they only lose 6 there Rodgers will declare that exceeds expectations.

• 3 weeks later...

Has there been a rule change in CL games ? I saw yon mank Sinclair being treated by the trainer on the pitch but he wasn't forced to leave the playing area when back on his feet. I thought it was normal for them to go off until play restarted. :confused:

I was hoping Monchengladbach, (a German team) would hold on to lead at half time and now hope they can still win it because that would set up a disastrous situation for 'ra sellick'

If Barcelona win and City lose then not only are ra sellick guaranteed to be bottom of the group and out of Europe entirely but also Barca would already be guaranteed top spot and hardly motivated to break a leg in their final match against Monchengladbach. While Gladbach on the other hand totally would be because they would have a chance of stealing second spot.

And to top that off City would be obliged to go all out against ra sellick.