Ally McCoist: I have no regrets over time as Rangers manager

McCoist was there to keep the fans eyes from seeing what big hands and his pals were up to. McCoist was only the tip of the iceberg .

McCoist as a player will always have my respect. As a manager he was an absolute disaster and his playing career deserves no mention whatsoever when discussing what we got for our money with him in charge.

Spot on Boabie. Tonight he was on Snyde professing how he was so proud how we came through what was the most difficult time in our history with him at the helm??. Yes Ally the cheerleader for that lot who happily took his preferred share offer and grossly inflated salary.

He was entitled to it, yes, imo it's at least morally questionable!. Ally made sure that no matter what happened to the club, if the worst came to the worst his financial state wasn't going the same way as the clubs. Ally says he wasn't fully aware of what was going on above him. He could have asked any of the supporters as we had figured it out. I understand taking what you are entitled too and fair play, what niggles me is saying " I did it all for the Rangers"??.

As has been discussed already, in a footballing capacity he must have a very fine tuned selective memory as the route one football was dross.

Spot on Boabie. Tonight he was on Snyde professing how he was so proud how we came through what was the most difficult time in our history with him at the helm??. Yes Ally the cheerleader for that lot who happily took his preferred share offer and grossly inflated salary.

Sorry but I feel this is out of order. Erm going back to 2012 who else actually was available to do what he did and go to Division 3? A Cheerleader is way out of line.

Im sure you would have happily took that salary as well.

I am not defending the performance side (or lack of) one bit.

Sorry but I feel this is out of order. Erm going back to 2012 who else actually was available to do what he did and go to Division 3? A Cheerleader is way out of line.

Im sure you would have happily took that salary as well.

I am not defending the performance side (or lack of) one bit.

I wouldn't be alluding that it was all out of the goodness of my heart though. Ally made sure he done ok out of it, just like everyone else that was on that grave train. You can't say people would have happily took the salary? Every person is different and every situation is subjective. You can't know how you would react until it happens. Nobody knows how we would react. It doesn't matter, we are discussing Mcoist.

Everyone ain't going to agree on this, fair enough, that's what the forum is for:thup:

Edited by cooponthewing

I wouldn't be alluding that it was all out of the goodness of my heart though. Ally made sure he done ok out of it, just like everyone else that was on that grave train. You can't say people would have happily took the salary? Every person is different and every situation is subjective. You can't know how you would react until it happens. Nobody knows how we would react. It doesn't matter, we are discussing Mcoist.

Everyone ain't going to agree on this, fair enough, that's what the forum is for:thup:

Ally is and always will be a legend but he was handsomely paid for overseeing a team that consistently under performed when he was manager.

We lost a whole season in the mighty SPL top tier (hide your envy please) thanks to his incompetence.

We lost a whole season in the mighty SPL top tier (hide your envy please) thanks to his incompetence.

I was ultimately glad we did because we patently weren't ready and might never have got the current management team.

Everybody has, and is entitled to an opinion, on Ally.

Let me ask one question.

Who among us as a support, and remember how we felt about trusting anybody after Whyte, would have backed Rangers with ST renewals if Ally did not give his blessing to Green?

That one period alone may have made the difference between our club surviving or not.

As we now strive for fifty five, Ally and this argument about his supposed greed will matter not a whit in the years ahead, Rangers the club are all that matters.

Ask C1888c about that come Saturday night.

WATP.

Everybody has, and is entitled to an opinion, on Ally.

Let me ask one question.

Who among us as a support, and remember how we felt about trusting anybody after Whyte, would have backed Rangers with ST renewals if Ally did not give his blessing to Green?

That one period alone may have made the difference between our club surviving or not.

As we now strive for fifty five, Ally and this argument about his supposed greed will matter not a whit in the years ahead, Rangers the club are all that matters.

Ask C1888c about that come Saturday night.

WATP.

Yeah that was probably the worst of all the things he did.