Rangers 0 v Ross County 0 Post match Discussion

Apparently MW walked out off a press conference because he was constantly asked about Barton and had said he wasn't going to talk about that. This is second hand info - I'm just passing it on.

Edited by SteveC

I thought we played ok today. Ball circulation was better, pass and move was back. Defence looked OK although as Rousseau points out they never threatened. Halliday and Holt looked better together imo in midfield.

I hope MOH starts and McKay is benched on wed. What has MOH got to do.

I felt we were unfortunate in front of goal but we are still lacking penetration. Garner wasn't in it and Waggy still a bit off the pace.

All in all better but that's not saying much after a 0-0 draw with Ross County at home. In truth that's nowhere near good enough.

Fingers x'd for Tuesday????

I thought we played ok today. Ball circulation was better, pass and move was back. Defence looked OK although as Rousseau points out they never threatened.

Think they largely didn't get the chance to threaten due to being so thoroughly outplayed and pinned back from the get go and when they did threaten the defence handled it competently. They got one good shot in on goal which Wes kept out with a world class save. The guy couldn't have hit it much better. Way down low and trying to sneak in almost right on the right hand post.

It was amazing to watch how quickly he got across and down on it. My opinion of Wes soared.

Edited by JFK-1

Think they largely didn't get the chance to threaten due to being so thoroughly outplayed and pinned back from the get go and when they did threaten the defence handled it competently. They got one good shot in on goal which Wes kept out with a world class save. The guy couldn't have hit it much better. Way down low and trying to sneak in almost right on the right hand post.

It was amazing to watch how quickly he got across and down on it. My opinion of Wes soared.

Same here. it was a marvellous save. I also thought that Hill (yes, I know), and Windass had fine games. 9 points from six games is horrible though, especially as we've dropped points to at least two and maybe three bottom six teams (and only won one of our two victories at the very death.)

Never saw todays match,people saying county were never in it.At 0-0 they were allways in it ,no?

They were theoretically in it but realistically not. It was a total siege and they never looked like breaking it. None of the bomb scares we have sen before. They were totally under the cosh for the entirety. They looked like they might want to play in the early stages but quickly just wanted to lie down and stop the game.

They were theoretically in it but realistically not. It was a total siege and they never looked like breaking it. None of the bomb scares we have sen before. They were totally under the cosh for the entirety. They looked like they might want to play in the early stages but quickly just wanted to lie down and stop the game.

In your previous post you were (correctly) praising Wes for a wonder save. I agree with you in general but it's not true that they never looked like breaking it. Just very rarely - and that was enough to have my nerves shredded - and that usually from lee Wallace setting them up, sadly.

Never saw todays match,people saying county were never in it.At 0-0 they were allways in it ,no?

Similar pattern to the last two home games - decent start (with a goal ruled out for offside), then we lost momentum and seemed short of ideas. A couple of scares at the back, then in the second half gradually increased the pressure. All Rangers by the end of the game but couldn't make the breakthrough this time. We were easily the best team but at the same time can't say we were totally robbed.

There's an obvious counter to our standard game plan and unless we mix it up a bit the likelihood of us dropping points is too high IMO.

Did everything we could today and hardly any critique of our play today. They came solely to get a point and got all the luck in the world in the end. Rotten tactic rewarded ...

I don't think anyone in our support has any room to be criticising other sides for negative tactics. Certainly not the ones who advocated it when we played that way for years anyway.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy