Rangers 0 v Ross County 0 Post match Discussion

Warburton better start picking up wins fast. 9 points from 6 is sackable form, regardless of who the manager is.

From a report on the match.

The home fans booed the players off at the end, disgruntled by the scoreline, and there are still problems for manager Mark Warburton to solve.

But I would disagree that they would even consider sacking him. That would be disastrous at this stage. You seriously think they could just go and bring in someone else who would do any better with Warburtons team trained in Warburtons method? I think it would be a disaster and there is just about zero chance of it happening.

Hi guys was at game and frustrated by result as we played at a much better tempo.

A few things to say/question:-

(A) Has McKay a get out of jail card?,in my view saying he was poor is praise for his performance.

(B) Wallace looks as if he needs a rest not at his best today.

© Wes is improving game on game.

(D) Referee was one of the poorest I have ever seen and that is going some with standards of others.

(E) Is there a new rule that referees don't restart the game till they have allowed a substitute to come on and get into their defence/attack.

I would also like to praise Wilson for his performance today as I am usually condemning him.

Forward to Tuesday night now,let's get a win under our belt.

The sooner people wise up to what this season is going to be the better for all , thus is going to be a bedding in year , a season to get sorted on and off the park , we are hamstrung by historical issues that are still going through the courts , onfield we are a million miles better than 18 months ago , but there are still things you can't factor , Windass,s great run but weak finish , 3 off the lines and a header off the bar , we do need to get more clinical , we do need players running past defenders instead of across but today was miles better than the last 5 games .MW will in my opinion be here for the long haul or at least I hope he is , we cannot go back to the Walter era fir short term success , we need to stick with this guy and see it out .

What the heck has Forrester done wrong?

He'd have been a starter on the left for me, with O'Halloran getting on for Holt. Why Miller came on I never knew ...

Anyway, I remember a game against the ICT highlanders of years gone by, when it was much like today, only for SDoW bring down an attacker in the 93rd minute, with Ian Black converting the penalty with their only shot on target all night. Hope those highlanders can emulate that performance tomorrow.

I reckon we will see some changes on Tuesday.

Windass has been the one shining light from the last few disappointing weeks. Like some of the rest I'd like to see a shake up in the team and possibly try a different formation. We get a bit predictable at times.

Good to see Holt back today too

First half was our best half of the season so far but a combination of poor final ball/finishing had us frustrated at the break, but I was much happier with the performance.

It's not the first time I've said this, but Warburtons choice of subs seem done purely as squad rotation and to hell with what it does to the game. Today's subs were the most baffling yet. I knew Holt would only get an hour today anyway, and Waghorn was blowing out his backside and had probably his worst game to date so was rightly hooked, but to bring on Miller, MOH & Nico when Forrester is on the bench and to take Garner off were crazy decisions that I would like to see anyone try to defend. The subs slowed us down, we lost our shape, players were getting in each other's road, Tav & MOH looked like they had never met, and even though he gave Holt 10 mins more than expected as soon as he went off we looked lost at how to break them down. Gone were the runners from midfield, gone was the central forward player to hold it up and bring others into play deep in the box, and gone was the natural width to stretch the 10 man defence.

MW is really starting to annoy me with these subs. His lack of tactical awareness and a plan B is going to prevent him from ever managing at a higher level.

I don't want him sacked, I want him to learn from his mistakes, for there have been many, and to continue to take us forward. It was never going to be an easy transition from level 2 to top tier, and clearly there are budgetary issues given the wrecking ball our club has suffered in recent years, but no matter who you are 2 wins in 10 league games, with one of those an injury time escape act, is sackable form, with a dangerous cup tie against Top of the second tier QotS and then Dolly away in the next 8 days.

Thankfully the performance for the first hour was much more encouraging, and if he has the bottle to keep his side full of pace and the big names (Barton, Nico, Miller) benched, we may just be on the right road again, despite dropping more unnecessary points today.

First half was our best half of the season so far but a combination of poor final ball/finishing had us frustrated at the break, but I was much happier with the performance.

It's not the first time I've said this, but Warburtons choice of subs seem done purely as squad rotation and to hell with what it does to the game. Today's subs were the most baffling yet. I knew Holt would only get an hour today anyway, and Waghorn was blowing out his backside and had probably his worst game to date so was rightly hooked, but to bring on Miller, MOH & Nico when Forrester is on the bench and to take Garner off were crazy decisions that I would like to see anyone try to defend. The subs slowed us down, we lost our shape, players were getting in each other's road, Tav & MOH looked like they had never met, and even though he gave Holt 10 mins more than expected as soon as he went off we looked lost at how to break them down. Gone were the runners from midfield, gone was the central forward player to hold it up and bring others into play deep in the box, and gone was the natural width to stretch the 10 man defence.

MW is really starting to annoy me with these subs. His lack of tactical awareness and a plan B is going to prevent him from ever managing at a higher level.

I don't want him sacked, I want him to learn from his mistakes, for there have been many, and to continue to take us forward. It was never going to be an easy transition from level 2 to top tier, and clearly there are budgetary issues given the wrecking ball our club has suffered in recent years, but no matter who you are 2 wins in 10 league games, with one of those an injury time escape act, is sackable form, with a dangerous cup tie against Top of the second tier QotS and then Dolly away in the next 8 days.

Thankfully the performance for the first hour was much more encouraging, and if he has the bottle to keep his side full of pace and the big names (Barton, Nico, Miller) benched, we may just be on the right road again, despite dropping more unnecessary points today.

I didn't get the Miller for Garner sub. To me that's like for like and didn't solve the issue of not getting decent service to the striker in the first place. Miller came on and seemed to spend most of his time in the middle of the park. A very frustrating day indeed