Rangers 0 v Ross County 0 Post match Discussion

Aren't we a Point off second?

9 points out of 18 is poor. The six games have not been great to watch. And we havent played hertz or dolly yet

Only the super optimists expected us to challenge for the title. But a top three finish is a must for a EL place.

I was concerned about the summer signings because I didnt think they properly addressed the two areas in the team which needed improvement i.e. CB & up front.

We've now got over 40k ST holders. The Rangers board will want to keep that number & if it means ditching the manager for someone to they think can do a better job they will do so. Any club would do the same when results & performances aren't up to scratch as they have been for some time now going back to last season

MW has not only rebuilt a team he has rebuilt and restructured an entire football philosophy as well as the entire football side of the business , the youth dept has been entirely over hauled , a scouting system is getting put in place , dietary and fitness as well as proper analysis prior to and after every match , and all this is going on whilst he has one hand held behind his back because WE HAVE NO MONEY to get players that will make a material difference , if we lose this guy we lose all the momentum that goes with him , has he made mistakes yes , will he make them again yes , name me one manager who doesn't , but we as a support need to get a grip , 6 games , 6 fucking games , seriously guys.

You are making our manager out to be some sort of Pep Guardiola ?? His only previous management experience prior to Rangers was 18 months at Brentford. I think that's beginning to show

9 points out of 18 is poor. The six games have not been great to watch. And we havent played hertz or dolly yet

Only the super optimists expected us to challenge for the title. But a top three finish is a must for a EL place.

I was concerned about the summer signings because I didnt think they properly addressed the two areas in the team which needed improvement i.e. CB & up front.

We've now got over 40k ST holders. The Rangers board will want to keep that number & if it means ditching the manager for someone to they think can do a better job they will do so. Any club would do the same when results & performances aren't up to scratch as they have been for some time now going back to last season

I agree, 9 points from 18 is far less than we expect but again even at that we're still just a point off second place so it's not as if top 3 is disappearing over the horizon. We have a far better team than the results have merited and it is going to improve.

You think we're in a crisis? What are Aberdeen in? A purple patch? They're probably as good as they're going to get while we are going to get a lot better.

Clint Hill received an elbow in the face in the first half from Curran(sp),should have been a red card,shocking!

The Compliance officer should be offering Curran an automatic suspension. It was clearly a deliberate elbow.

You are making our manager out to be some sort of Pep Guardiola ?? His only previous management experience prior to Rangers was 18 months at Brentford. I think that's beginning to show

No he isn't making him out to be a Pep, he's merely stating facts. And what he states is indisputable.

I just can't understand those who are talking about the manager having two games to save his Ibrox tenure. It's a mentalist approach.

The sooner people realize this is a longer term project the better. Infrastructure needs built and MW has been instrumental in enhancing that. But it still has a distance to go. We rid ourselves of MW and we take a number of steps backwards in this regard.

I keep hearing about us having the 2nd biggest resources in the league, which is true. But we also have to remember that we have come up a division where the players are bigger, stronger, fitter and faster than last years opponents. Resources don't guarantee you players who can deal with that.

Interestingly enough, the younger players that MW has brought to the club have done very well. It is the experienced, English Premiership standard players who have under-performed for us.

Whilst we want to be challenging for the title we have to be realistic this season. I believe we will finish second but am realistic enough to know that is not guaranteed. For me at least MW gets a free pass this season. Next season, with an SPFL season under his belt, is when I will judge him.

Finally, look at some of the players he has brought to the Club who have done very well for us and have pretty good sell-on value.... Windass, Holt, Tavernier, Waghorn, Foderingham, Rossiter, Halliday - and the resurgence of McKay. All things considered, playing poorly or not, the distance this team has travelled in 15 months under MW is nothing short of remarkable. He deserves more than a 6 month spell in the SPFL to determine his Rangers future.

To be frank, the short term nature that some of our fans have is incredibly frustrating. The Rangers way has NEVER been one of short term appointments, we are a Club that prefers stability (last 4 years aside) and I would be very disappointed to see use alter that philosophy.

Edited by craig

Does that not only happen if Rangers make a complaint?

I thought the compliance officer can act on any video evidence and doesn't require complaint.

It was a blatant elbow and, in fact, should see Curran get an extended suspension.

I thought the compliance officer can act on any video evidence and doesn't require complaint.

It was a blatant elbow and, in fact, should see Curran get an extended suspension.

I don't know mate,just guessing!. I thought Hill had a good game today

Edited by ian1964

No he isn't making him out to be a Pep, he's merely stating facts. And what he states is indisputable.

I just can't understand those who are talking about the manager having two games to save his Ibrox tenure. It's a mentalist approach.

The sooner people realize this is a longer term project the better. Infrastructure needs built and MW has been instrumental in enhancing that. But it still has a distance to go. We rid ourselves of MW and we take a number of steps backwards in this regard.

I keep hearing about us having the 2nd biggest resources in the league, which is true. But we also have to remember that we have come up a division where the players are bigger, stronger, fitter and faster than last years opponents. Resources don't guarantee you players who can deal with that.

Interestingly enough, the younger players that MW has brought to the club have done very well. It is the experienced, English Premiership standard players who have under-performed for us.

Whilst we want to be challenging for the title we have to be realistic this season. I believe we will finish second but am realistic enough to know that is unlikely. For me at least MW gets a free pass this season. Next season, with an SPFL season under his belt, is when I will judge him.

Finally, look at some of the players he has brought to the Club who have done very well for us and have pretty good sell-on value.... Windass, Holt, Tavernier, Waghorn, Foderingham, Rossiter, Halliday - and the resurgence of McKay. All things considered, playing poorly or not, the distance this team has travelled in 15 months under MW is nothing short of remarkable. He deserves more than a 6 month spell in the SPFL to determine his Rangers future.

To be frank, the short term nature that some of our fans have is incredibly frustrating. The Rangers way has NEVER been one of short term appointments, we are a Club that prefers stability (last 4 years aside) and I would be very disappointed to see use alter that philosophy.

Way too sensible post!. The manager got his team correct today and we were very unlucky,we should have won that game easily today!,but we never so let's just sack the manager,that will help us move forward!.

Edited by ian1964