Rangers 0 v Ross County 0 Post match Discussion

I want to stop the timz getting 10 in a row. Parochial, I know - but I do. We won't have many chances to do it. The EL - in the unlikely even we were to progress beyond the qualifiers - would prove a barrier to achieving that. The Thursday-Sunday malarkey has played havoc with many a team's season, teams from clubs that have been stable for years at that. Something we don't/won't have beside us.

PS We also won't stop them if we keep switching manager. if you ditch MW (madness in my opinion) what happens if the next guy comes in and is ditched a season later because "results & performances aren't up to scratch "? Where are we then - them going for 9 in a row and us in utter chaos? No thanks.

Unless we get significant investment in the next two transfer windows, I think we'd have very little chance getting beyond the Europa League qualifiers.

Edit - you actually said that anyway.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

No, it only happens if Sportscene show it and discuss it in their highlights programme.

Aye!, I remember how it works now!,Curran should have been sent off for that elbow,it wasn't even a challenge,he just swung his elbow into Hills' face

Didnt notice it at the time Ian, so me and the compliance officer will not do any more about finding it, as I dont watch Sportscene, and even if i did, it wont make the highlights reel as the Rangers player was the victim rather than the perp. Unless of course Ross County are due to play the tims in the next two games, then he will get done for it.

Sadly, i'm not even really joking.

Didnt notice it at the time Ian, so me and the compliance officer will not do any more about finding it, as I dont watch Sportscene, and even if i did, it wont make the highlights reel as the Rangers player was the victim rather than the perp. Unless of course Ross County are due to play the tims in the next two games, then he will get done for it.

Sadly, i'm not even really joking.

Rangers TV highlights it mate,I don't watch sportscene either!,but you're correct it won't even make their highlights.

Big Wes also made a world class save. He is also starting to come for high balls. He is the biggest positive until now.

He has made a good few saves this season,and as you say he seems to have worked on commanding his area,much improved from last season,Wes & Tav have been our best players so far this season,they have upped their game.

Also pleased to see wee Holt back,great wee player and we have been missing his energetic industry.

Football is a competition first and foremost. 11 v 11. Luck plays a small part only.

For me coaching is the main problem. We identify problems and discuss them but seem to do very little work to actually improve. For near on 6 months we have failed to attack the ball coming into the box nor improve our runs from midfield into the space. MW seems to prefer the main striker through the middle to drop deep and pull the CB out of position but he has done nothing to fill the space created. What's the point on the forward dropping to lay off a ball which then goes wide and into the box when our striker isn't present. It's just poor tactics. At first I thought he was a great coach who could advance the players style and technique,now I'm starting to think he is just a man motivator who plays a numbers game

Don't get me started on MW substitutions! Still sure he picks the double sub before a ball is kicked

We need to beat Aberdeen and hearts if we can manage that then there is still hope for 2nd. Drop any points against those two and I fear it's going to be a very long season

We need to beat Aberdeen and hearts if we can manage that then there is still hope for 2nd. Drop any points against those two and I fear it's going to be a very long season

Aberdeen won only their second game today, Hearts won a game more, but also lost a couple. Inbetween St Johnstone. The season will be as long a it always has been. We'll drop more points, as will they. If we play like yesterday, we should be able to cope with most teams.

Exactly, while not even playing well. As for today the exact same performance would have been labeled dazzling and Warburton getting it right if not for fractions of an inch and County riding their luck to an incredible degree.

If MOH had got his header just a fraction of an inch lower. If Hill had put his header just left of the defender who cleared it off the line. If Windass had passed to Garner who was standing in the middle for a tap in and more. And as you say despite all that we're a mere point off second place.

It's going to start coming together. The odds alone dictate it has to. We're away to Aberdeen next week. Caley who are lying bottom of the table not a point off second and who would swap places with us and our squad in a heartbeat went there last week and came away with a draw.

I'm convinced we're well better than every team in this league but one and it will start clicking.

The problem that I see is that IF's and BUT's don't win football matches; we simply don't have the quality required up front to convert the IF's into goals.

So we have only scored 7 in 6 matches and have contrived a win and two draws at home and a win, a loss and a draw away.

Two wins in six starts just isn't good enough and we haven't played any of the three teams immediately above us now in the league.

Right now there is no evidence that we are a better than average team in this league and will do extremely well to finish in the top three.

Edited by BrahimHemdani