In Defense Of Joey Barton

High ground? I am giving him the benefit of the doubt until I know the facts. You are actually blaming him for it. Without any facts you have him guilty already. Remember innocent until proven guilty.

I'm stating my opinion and quite clearly saying I could be wrong, and actually hope I am. I'm not calling the opposite opinion "tosh" and saying that I am in a position to get other opinions "out of the way". I genuinely hope your opinion is correct, but it is your opinion only, and no more based on knowledge than mine. I would love to see him become the player he has been in the past. I hope in my heart that this could be a 'clearing of the decks' that was needed. But I'm afraid his Twitter and national radio ego will cost him, and I think he knows it will. He only had to keep his gob shut until Monday, but his ego won the day.

Edited by Anchorman

Maybe he should be ordered to attend the ceremony at Craigton Cemetery tomorrow for the tribute to Bill Struth then he would find out the real path of "honesty & integrity"

Plus follow the Gersnet rules and our principle of respect. I feel he misses a little bit in that department.

On reflection Joey has done nothing for Rangers football wise. He has attracted publicity mainly for himself, nothing more.

He is a good footballer but not nearly of the standard that can dictate to the manager of Rangers.

Warbie must get rid of him or he appears weak. If he keeps him he loses respect and has a player who can upset the apple cart at any moment and who simply doesn't fit in to the football style Warbie is trying to build.

Experiment failed. Bail out and buy a pacey CB if u can find one.

Edited by Walterbear
Spelling.

The way this is being reported across the Scottish MSM could put a players livelihood in jeopardy. No wonder he went to Talksport to discuss the situation. Its one of the few places he could set the record straight without the interference of the Scottish Mhedia and get a fair hearing.

But its the timing of going on Talksport. He was asked to go and reflect and he should be doing that. By going on National Radio shows there is a disruption in the camp the night before a game - its a total knee jerk rush of blood call.

He should went away, kept low key, waited until Monday after meeting with the manager then could have spoke about it on radio.

On the playing side he should have been dropped anyway this weekend, he is clearly not fit. He even admitted on Talksport he didn't have a pre-season yet he was doing media enough in the summer, perhaps he should do a mini preseason now, stay off twitter and come back in 2 weeks.

You don't get sent away for nothing.