Disciplinary Outcomes | Scottish Cup Final

There is the fundamental problem both with the SFA and the SPFL that there are people on the boards et al who have direct ties to the clubs, yet who talk and behave as if they were utterly independent and impartial when such decisions have to be made. This is an absolute no-go.

Petrie wasn't part of the independent commission. That's a red herring.

I don't understand how the SFA and EUPFA's policy on matchday incidents are completely opposite.

UEFAs rules are clear:

all associations and clubs are liable for the following inappropriate

behaviour on the part of their supporters and may be subject to disciplinary

measures and directives even if they can prove the absence of any negligence in

relation to the organisation of the match:

a. the invasion or attempted invasion of the field of play;

b. the throwing of objects;

c. the lighting of fireworks or any other objects;

d. the use of laser pointers or similar electronic devices;

e. the use of gestures, words, objects or any other means to transmit any message

that is not fit for a sports event, particularly messages that are of a political,

ideological, religious, offensive or provocative nature;

f. acts of damage;

g. causing a disturbance during national anthems;

h. any other lack of order or discipline observed inside or around the stadium

In other words, had this been a match played in a UEFA competition, Hibs would be guilty for their fans behaviour and sentenced appropriately. Rangers may also have been found guilty for their fans on the pitch but their case of self defense may have carried some weight. Any punishment for Rangers would have been much lighter than for Hibs owing to the number of fans on the pitch and the violence of their fans towards the Rangers team.

It seems ludicrous that the SFA as a member association of UEFA can wash their hands of any action . They may be an independent association, but you would have thought that the "higher" bodies rules should have some influence on the national rules. Obviously not.

Meanwhile Rangers rightly feel aggrieved while HIbs laugh in our face. Truly a scandal.

The difference is strict liability. Fairly simple.

Like it or not we don't have strict liability in Scotland.

There is more choice than strict liability and no liability... There could just be a Goldilocks solution somewhere in between...

Presently there is no such choice when you look at the SFA Articles of Association.

So, much like Golidlocks, your suggestion is currently a fable :ninja:

Pulling out of the SC isn't a viable option for the club to take IMO,the financial loss the club would harm the club!,closing a route to European football!,the penalites handed out by the cabal/SFA for breaking rules!,not to mention the gutter press attacking the club again!.

I think Rangers FC refuse tickets for away games in the SC saying they can't ensure the safety of our fans as the reason,this would at least highlight to Sky TV & BT sports why and may harm any agreed contracts with them!

I don't get that one Ian surely Sky would prefer you to be at home watching it on the telly as it would boost their ratings.

I don't get that one Ian surely Sky would prefer you to be at home watching it on the telly as it would boost their ratings.

The fact that Rangers are refusing tickets and for the reason above exposes and highlights the problems we have with the SFA/Scottish football & gutter press,just because Rangers refuse tickets doesn't mean to say the Rangers fans won't buy tickets!

I just wish Rangers fans would stop wrecking toilets and ripping up seats and throwing them at the opposition fans.

If you are angry at what's going on in Scottish football don't do that in response, because you are harming our argument about what's really going on here.

I just wish Rangers fans would stop wrecking toilets and ripping up seats and throwing them at the opposition fans.

If you are angry at what's going on in Scottish football don't do that in response, because you are harming our argument about what's really going on here.

I don't think the people doing those things are angry about anything. A vandal is a vandal and they vandalise not because of any anger but simply because they like it. So that being the case it will never stop as there will always be such an element using football as an excuse to vandalise. When they're no vandalising at football matches they're doing it someplace else.

I don't think the people doing those things are angry about anything. A vandal is a vandal and they vandalise not because of any anger but simply because they like it. So that being the case it will never stop as there will always be such an element using football as an excuse to vandalise. When they're no vandalising at football matches they're doing it someplace else.

What is a football vandal? Why do they behave in such a way? Is the football vandal someone who behaves the same way in everyday life ?

I don't think so. A crazed crowd wrecking the breeze block is far from anything to do with normal life. I'd imagine it's quite easy to get involved in the idea of smashing up a football ground toilet, especially at that place if feelings are at boiling point.

I wouldn't get involved in such acts but the young guys today probably see no reasons not to, I'd say to them don't do it, it's harming the club. More so than ever given the way things are reported in Scotland today.