Time to right a few wrongs - Rangers v Celtic

I thought we were poor today against an equally poor team. That game was there for the taking

I'm not convinced that anyone from the manager to the players thought we could win today. Basically, we changed our formation for the first time in over a year to try and contain Celtic and were completely toothless as a result.

I've no doubt that as soon as Celtic seen our team, they knew they'd win.

I like Warburton and sympathise with some of the issues he's had to face this season but today was a chance to lay down a marker and we stepped backwards instead of forwards.

During the summer it was imperative we strenghtened at CB & up front. We failed to do so & are now struggling as a result.

Hill has done reasonably well in recent weeks but at 38 is hardly the longterm answer at CB. Senderos was a last minute panic signing whom I'd expect to leave in January.

Up front Garner has looked every bit like a striker who got just 6 goals in the Championship last season. Like Senderos he also looked a bit of a panic signing just before the transfer window closed.

If we're to get back into Europe next season via our league position or winning the SC, we'll need to try & move out 2 or 3 players in january & bring in better replacements. That won't be easy

Edited by RANGERRAB

I'm not convinced that anyone from the manager to the players thought we could win today. Basically, we changed our formation for the first time in over a year to try and contain Celtic and were completely toothless as a result.

I've no doubt that as soon as Celtic seen our team, they knew they'd win.

I like Warburton and sympathise with some of the issues he's had to face this season but today was a chance to lay down a marker and we stepped backwards instead of forwards.

I don't mind he tried to change it and can see the thinking behind it with Celtic so strong down the left. Hes shot himself in the foot with this plan A better chat, but that's the modern football manager, they have philosophies. Sir Alex was a winner because he knew when to change things, when to put his hand up and say I've got this wrong. It seems as if this whole season we are going to watch this same not really great, not really bad football. We are nowhere near as fit as we were last season which is worrying. A lot of hard work, now with added pressure on the manager for the rest of the season.

I don't think we closed the gap by much if at all after that. I thought we were rotten. So many negatives from that. We could barely pass the ball. We must've started about 10 of their chances by mediocre passes, especially from Windass who couldn't find a Rangers jersey in the first half (albeit he lacks gametime). I think our whole left hand side needs a rethink, Wallace hasn't kicked a ball for us this season and looks out his depth. The amount of times I saw him pointing towards Gilks for other players to play the ball backwards was incredible. McKay looks completely uninterested and by the look on his face he wasn't overly upset at coming off (unlike Miller). We made Scott Brown look a footballer today as we just aren't aggressive enough in the middle of the park. We take quick freekicks when we need to regroup. We take slow freekicks when we should be countering fast. We had a corner we managed to work back to Gilks. We had a freekick in their half that we managed to work back to Gilks. We had a throw-in level with the 18 yard box in their half that we managed to get back to Gilks.

All in all we were far to scared of Celtic today. A game where someone needed to put themselves about because Celtic weren't great, we made them look great. Mark Warburton gets the rest of the season, hes been good for us but last seasons shine is beginning to disappear. Persisting with LW and BM. Not giving MOH any sort of look in. Celtic played in midweek where they were run ragged, yet they looked like they'd be more ready for extra time.

Overall a very poor day and an indication of how far behind we still are. 2 big games coming up this week. 6 points an absolute MUST

Totally agree with everything. Also Add Wallace taking up most of the extra time trying to frig'n take a shy. What the f was that about?

Totally agree with everything. Also Add Wallace taking up most of the extra time trying to frig'n take a shy. What the f was that about?

I meant to mention that. I was going off my head at that. about 40 seconds he took to take that throw-in 1-0 down in a semi final with minutes left to play. It wont happen but he needs dropped. Hodson is good enough to play there and he'd be in on merit.

Gate money and other revenues wouldn't top 2 million a game - that is 40 quid a head even with a full house - cant see it being that much.

We wouldn't make the group stages with this group of players - so we would more than likely only get one or two home games and I cant see them being sell-outs either.

You are making a VERY bold assumption that we would make the group stages.

Ignore me I'm mistaken as per usual.

Edited by the gunslinger

I just don't see it with Garner?? So we have Garner, Dodoo, MOH, Senderos, Crooks, Rossiter who were not in the starting side today. Gilks and Hodson who 9/10 wouldn't start and Kranjar who is badly injured. They were all MW signings and all with th exception of Kranjar would not start.

We then have Barton, some say what happened isn't MW fault. Ok then, was he not aware of what baggage the player had or if his temperament?? Of course he was. So all of the summer signings with the exception of Windass or Kranjar are not improving our team. Who's fault is that? Who signed them? The questions that are at our managers door are mounting. Who is making these signings?? The worst two imho are Garner 1.8m and MOH 500,000k?? The former won't cut it at almost 2mband the latter MW didn't fancy?? Did he not watch him before signing?? Does he not do his homework?? His signings for the most part have been atrocious, we are using 90% last years team. I would not feel comfortable writing MW a cheque for more millions.

Questions need answered.

Edited by cooponthewing