Latest Joey Barton news: Remains suspended

After watching Broonaldo shove our midfield about like they were wee boys, I want some steel back in there and if Barton comes back in, I won't mind as long as he gets his arse in gear and proves his point. This whole sideshow needs ended, so somebody at the club must get the finger out and do it, one way or another.

Without knowing the full situation I don't know whether Warburton should welcome Barton back or not.

If the player is just totally unmanageable due to his super-inflated ego, then Warburton is being strong and doing what Le Guen should have done.

But if Barton is capable of rehabilitation and doing a job for us, and Warburton gets rid then maybe that is being weak and showing a lack of man management skills.

It could of course be 2 pig-headed people. Slowly I am getting the idea that Warburton's not the easiest person in the world to get along with. Remember he also had trouble at his old club. That may mean nothing but it could also show a bit of his underlying character.

It could of course be 2 pig-headed people. Slowly I am getting the idea that Warburton's not the easiest person in the world to get along with. Remember he also had trouble at his old club. That may mean nothing but it could also show a bit of his underlying character.

What trouble did he have at Brentford ????

That's something that's also crossed my mind. As someone alluded to before, WS was also very strong willed, but was capable of showing his authority and punishing a player, and then when it was served, just getting on with it.

And he wasn't weak enough to care whether he looked weak... :)

Edited by calscot

Without knowing the full situation I don't know whether Warburton should welcome Barton back or not.

If the player is just totally unmanageable due to his super-inflated ego, then Warburton is being strong and doing what Le Guen should have done.

But if Barton is capable of rehabilitation and doing a job for us, and Warburton gets rid then maybe that is being weak and showing a lack of man management skills.

Barton had a bust up with another player, a bust-up with Warburton and then withdrew the apology that he made, while appearing on radio, rather than showing regret

He has shown no subsequent signs of saying that he is in the wrong or showing repentance.

Given his radio appearance and his withdrawal of his apology, Warburton would look weak to accept him back.

It seems clear to me that Barton is engineering his exit and Warburton is being strong to not allow him back.

I back Warburton 100% on this.

It could of course be 2 pig-headed people. Slowly I am getting the idea that Warburton's not the easiest person in the world to get along with.

I don't have an issue with that. Souness also wasn't the easiest person to get on with.

Back the manager!

I presumed that was with the board over transfers...

If that's the trouble pete is referring to then I will disagree with pete's assertion.

I think Warburton was absolutely spot on in disagreeing with Benfield over transfers. Benfield wanted to make all Brentford transfers "moneyball" transfers and completely remove the human element to them.

Barton had a bust up with another player, a bust-up with Warburton and then withdrew the apology that he made, while appearing on radio, rather than showing regret

He has shown no subsequent signs of saying that he is in the wrong or showing repentance.

That's what it looks like but as I said, I was basing it on not knowing and playing out the scenarios.

Given his radio appearance and his withdrawal of his apology, Warburton would look weak to accept him back.

I find being scared of looking weak, as being weak... Warburton should have the strength do what he thinks is right, regardless of how some see it.

I think it shows strength to punish someone for their crimes and if they serve their time and they "get it", then giving them another chance is being strong of character and leadership.

However, if they don't get it, then yes, it's being strong to not accept them back.

It seems clear to me that Barton is engineering his exit and Warburton is being strong to not allow him back.

I back Warburton 100% on this.

I back him if he's doing the right thing, but I'll never know, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, and back him anyway.

Edited by calscot