Latest Joey Barton news: Remains suspended

Well, everyone's got their crystal balls polished and not many facts to work with. Wonder what meltdown will happen if he gets another chance with us, now that Kranjcar is crocked and Rossiter unfit, leaving us with Halliday and an untried Crooks in DM. But we shall see.

Would actually have to watch a few of our games with Barton to see whether he really "failed to impress". It all lies in the eye of the beholder and IMHO, a DM (no matter whom) rarely "impresses", as one unsung hero called Brahim Hemdani might tell you. Not least when he has a revolving squad around him and defenders switching off regularly ...

Edited by der Berliner

A "team of lawyers" set to fight his case. :lol:

Wouldn't he better better served with one decent lawyer ?

IMHO, the media just throws in certain fixed terms and stereotypes, no matter whether they are true or not. As if they have forgotten how to write a decent sentence by themselves.

So it was unbecoming for Ally to get embroiled in a touchline bust up with Lennon ? :ninja: :fish:

I have no idea the relevance of that - Ally had a quiet word with Lennon and the latter exploded. He did not run up to him to have a tirade - or more relevantly, the referee. I don't know what you're trying to do here, but it's seems just another cheap shot at Ally. As I've said many times, the guy has plenty of real things to criticise him about, so why twist things to have a go? Whenever he did the same as Warburton, then yes, it was unbecoming.

Even Walter lost it at refs, you can be absolutely certain of that - where Walter may have been "cute" is that he was wily enough to do it behind closed doors in the refs room rather than publicly.

Just because Walter did it, doesn't make it right, and behind closed doors is a completely different matter. And Walter didn't go on and on about respect; Warburton made a rod for his own back there.

Are you saying we can't mildly criticise Warburton even if it's obviously valid?

Edited by calscot

We knew what type of person we were getting before we signed him, he hasn't played any worse than anyone else IMO and his experience is needed for the rest of the season. I think he has been harshly treated and it looks like we want rid. Everyone makes mistakes and he was always going to do something to make the headlines, why did we sign him if we're not going to back him when he did!

Are you saying we can't mildly criticise Warburton even if it's obviously valid?

Well, I doubt anyone would deny the right to criticise him, yet, there is some bampotry about that clearly shows a certain lack of realism. I gave him FLAK for the player selection on Sunday (and IMHO rightly so), but likewise know that we need a really good day at the office to beat this lot. But even if they go undefeated against us this term, I would start calling for his head. We are where we are and we're still clawing our way back. The momentum is somewhat slower this season, but in all honesty, this was to be expected. Sadly enough, patience is not a virtue amongst the legions.

Was not impressed with him in the games that he played too slow in moving ball on seems to me like another "Ma Baw" Ferguson.

Ferguson was the best Scottish midfielder of his era!,would love a Barry Ferguson in the team just now

Edited by ian1964

Ferguson was the best Scottish midfielder of his era!,would love a Barry Ferguson in the team just now

Maybe until he thought he was god after that he was mediocre to say the least. He had a few good seasons with world class players around him but when they left he thought he could play 11 positions alone.