Latest Joey Barton news: Remains suspended

One time I've thought the manager's character was poor was his rant at the referee at Aberdeen - especially as he keeps going on about respect. I can't see it as much different to what Barton did in the first instance.

I think it's unbecoming of a Rangers manager to get so upset about one decision that led to a loss against a less large club. Three or more blatant ones maybe, but when it's one it says we didn't play well enough and there is always going to be one bad decision going one way or the other. One bad decision that leads to a goal against us should really mean we won 3-2 instead of 3-1... otherwise the manager is also at fault and so can't really complain.

That maybe changes against Celtic and in Europe.

I have no problem with him following his own advice and having a respectful word...

One time I've thought the manager's character was poor was his rant at the referee at Aberdeen - especially as he keeps going on about respect. I can't see it as much different to what Barton did in the first instance.

I think it's unbecoming of a Rangers manager to get so upset about one decision that led to a loss against a less large club. Three or more blatant ones maybe, but when it's one it says we didn't play well enough and there is always going to be one bad decision going one way or the other. One bad decision that leads to a goal against us should really mean we won 3-2 instead of 3-1... otherwise the manager is also at fault and so can't really complain.

I have no problem with him following his own advice and having a respectful word...

Perhaps. In the manager's defence, we've been on the bad end of a series of 'honest mistakes' this season. So I can understand his frustration.

Perhaps. In the manager's defence, we've been on the bad end of a series of 'honest mistakes' this season. So I can understand his frustration.

I was about to say something the same,he is frustrated at our play as much as we are,players form,players injuries,and added pressure from the press and fans

So it was unbecoming for Ally to get embroiled in a touchline bust up with Lennon ? :ninja: :fish:

Even Walter lost it at refs, you can be absolutely certain of that - where Walter may have been "cute" is that he was wily enough to do it behind closed doors in the refs room rather than publicly.

JOEY Barton's future at Rangers could be decided before the end of the week with a disciplinary hearing due to take place in the next few days.

The 34-year-old was suspended by the Ibrox club after a training ground row with teammate Andy Halliday and manager Mark Warburton and was instructed not to return to the club 'until further notice' earlier this month.

After six weeks without kicking a ball, SportTimes understands that a disciplinary hearing will take place this week once the Premiership fixture against St Johnstone has been taken care of tonight.

Read more: Burnley boss Sean Dyche reckons honesty is the best policy with controversial Rangers star Joey Barton

Barton is believed to have hired a team of employment lawyers in case Rangers try to terminate his two-year deal early on a serious misconduct charge.

He has been linked with a return to English football after failing to impress in his eight outings in a Light Blues shirt so far this season.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14823715.Rangers_to_hold_crunch_talks_with_Joey_Barton_before_the_weekend/

The Record, once the go-to source for Scottish football news, is nothing more than a disreputable, discredited rag these days. Anything printed in it means the square root of hee-haw. I'll wait for the club's statement.

Keith Jackson - that says it all.