Realistically where are we now

After reading the threads on various sites after the full time whistle , I feel like I'm in a time warp , where the last 5 years have been airbrushed from reality and our support actually believe we were ever going to challenge or even win the league this year .

Far too many seem to believe because we have sell outs and are back in the top league we are the Rangers of old , the reality is we are more like the Rangers of the early 80,s where cup runs and finishing a poor 4th were the norm before David Holmes arrived to sort the mess out .

We have no money , no retail deal , litigation coming out our ears , yet there is a growing clamour to change regime ,what happened to " if the play on the streets we will watch from the pavements " but obviously only if we were winning .

We will get back to the top , but it's going to be a hard road , mistakes will be made , there will be bumps along the way but we must stay strong to what we all believe in and want .

We cannot deviate from the path that we are on , IMHO it would be folly , but it's only my opinion .

The current situation is what it is and it wont be changed by any of the sack the manager stuff. To do what? Bring in some unknown and who probably would be an actual unknown to come in take over a squad almost entirely crafted by Mark Warburton and Davie Weir plus trained by them to play in a specific manner?

Then try to get these guys doing what? Playing in some other unspecified manner then suddenly we will be top of the league? As stated we simply are where we are and it's going to take time and some circumstance changes to put us someplace else. Changing the manager is an absolute non starter and would be like pulling down a house to repair a roof.

The manager is working on a long term project and the last thing we need is someone else coming in hitting the reset button and starting another project from scratch.

Edited by JFK-1

In reality, we are 2 points away from second place after 10 match days. With an ounce of luck, we could be 1 point away from second.

Haven't seen the match tonight and only saw the twitter text stuff. From that alone, while we were lucky when they hit the post, we should have buried them in the first half alone. Sadly enough, we have had such games too often this season ... which in turn tells you that we are doing something okay, else we would not moan about converting domination and chances into goals.

It was always going to be a season of stability but with the signs last season and our budget versus the rest of the teams we expected to be in 2nd position quite easily. But its a marathon not a sprint and with results for Hearts and Aberdeen this week show they cant be ahead of us that easily.

The only game we haven't been at the races was the Celtic match but better Rangers sides have lost there before in similar fashion. Aberdeen away was cruel as their winner wasn't deserved.

It just seems the squad is still gelling and maybe finding the top flight slightly different to the Championship which I am surprised about as I thought most of the Championship sides are on par with half the top flight teams. There must be a different style of play on going.

Still too early to judge, if we were losing games Id be worried. Its up to the manager and squad to find a way of turning draws into wins. Funnily we were all concerned with the defence earlier but it seems that's more of a settled system and unit. Its the midfield and front line where nobody knows the best picks and systems - that's maybe what happens when we have so many options.

The early eighties is the correct analogy reference the league.

We will be presented with opportunities, and we will squander most of them. Thirty-odd years past, we battled with St Mirren for fourth, this season it will be the other Saints. Killie on Saturday is a MUST win. If they beat us, they could go ahead in league position.

I think we have to persevere, keep passing it. In the early eighties, we sacrificed Davie Cooper for hard running,. hard tackling players, and duly suffered. In ten league games, we have conceded first in seven of them. Let's cut that out, it may be marginal but that is where we can fashion an edge.

After reading the threads on various sites after the full time whistle , I feel like I'm in a time warp , where the last 5 years have been airbrushed from reality and our support actually believe we were ever going to challenge or even win the league this year .

Far too many seem to believe because we have sell outs and are back in the top league we are the Rangers of old , the reality is we are more like the Rangers of the early 80,s where cup runs and finishing a poor 4th were the norm before David Holmes arrived to sort the mess out .

We have no money , no retail deal , litigation coming out our ears , yet there is a growing clamour to change regime ,what happened to " if the play on the streets we will watch from the pavements " but obviously only if we were winning .

We will get back to the top , but it's going to be a hard road , mistakes will be made , there will be bumps along the way but we must stay strong to what we all believe in and want .

We cannot deviate from the path that we are on , IMHO it would be folly , but it's only my opinion .

nah

we were never paying those players approaching a million pound a year or that era's equivalent

after an initial promising start we're getting served up garbage

the arguments about not beating celtc are fine

last night wasn't celtc it was st johnstone, at home

even the manager admits the fans were right to boo

this team has now been serving up stinking football going back 6 months.

nah

we were never paying those players approaching a million pound a year or that era's equivalent

after an initial promising start we're getting served up garbage

the arguments about not beating celtc are fine

last night wasn't celtc it was st johnstone, at home

even the manager admits the fans were right to boo

this team has now been serving up stinking football going back 6 months.

Andy Little and myself must have watched a different game / highlights then.