England vs Scotland will be shown live on STV

Strachan will screw up the team again. The Fletchers are both a banker to start as is that Derby/ Fulham striker Martin. D Fletcher has been a model pro but isn't good enough now, but he is in as captain so will play. Those selections cost us points in the last 2 games. If we can only take 1 point from Lithuania and Slovakia then I don't know how we can get something at Wembley.

For me its:

Marshall

Greer Hanley Martin Wallace

McArthur Morrison

Naismith Burke Snodgrass

Griffiths

Strachan will screw up the team again. The Fletchers are both a banker to start as is that Derby/ Fulham striker Martin. D Fletcher has been a model pro but isn't good enough now, but he is in as captain so will play. Those selections cost us points in the last 2 games. If we can only take 1 point from Lithuania and Slovakia then I don't know how we can get something at Wembley.

For me its:

Marshall

McArthur Morrison

Naismith Burke Snodgrass

Griffiths

That team wouldn't look out of place in mid table in the Championship. It's a sorry state of affairs.

OK thanks. So tuning into ITV rather than STV would be the answer!

Sorry mate, but listening to the panel discussing whether England can win the World Cup after beating Scotland would put my tv seriously at risk.

Sorry mate, but listening to the panel discussing whether England can win the World Cup after beating Scotland would put my tv seriously at risk.

To be fair that is not exclusive to the English media/pundits,I mean we have our pundits in Scotland saying C****c can rescue their CL ignoring their failings and humiliations!,how good the sheep are!,and are so happy ''Broony'' is returning to the Scotland team to rescue us,despite him turning his back on the Scotland squad!,England have more chance of winning the world cup than Scotland has of qualifying!,well maybe not but you get my drift!

Edited by ian1964

I think the English have actually learned from serial disappointment and lowered their expectations; they don't tend to get excited about their chances of winning the trophy any more.

I think they also realise that the hype is counterproductive.

For me its:

Marshall

McArthur Morrison

Naismith Burke Snodgrass

Griffiths

I was at the England v Malta game at Wembley and if England play like they did that night then Scotland will have a chance of taking all 3 points - they were rank rotten that night.

I think the English have actually learned from serial disappointment and lowered their expectations; they don't tend to get excited about their chances of winning the trophy any more.

I also think that they now realize that their players simply aren't good enough. Which they aren't.

As I just said, I was at the Malta game the other week and England really were terrible.

They simply don't have the same number of quality players these days. Rooney in CM simply doesn't work, he slows the game down too much. The only players that night who looked decent were Jordan Henderson (and even then only because he supplied the crosses for the two goals) and Dele Alli. The rest were dross.

If your options are Rooney in CM, Walcott on the wing and Sturridge up front (a different player internationally, and not in a good way) whilst you have Danny Rose and Kyle Walker as your full backs then you shouldn't have any expectations of winning World Cups OR Euro Championships.

For years the English have been mistakenly equating a strong league with a strong national side when there is no connection. Table topping Man City who did have an impressive result against Barca the other night fielded a starting 11 with 2 Englishmen in it, none on the bench, one of their 'Englishmen' was born in Jamaica and a foreign manager.

You're probably right Cal. But after years and years of listening to their deluded guff my brain just comes to expect it from them. I seem to remember them scoring a last minute winner to qualify, possibly against Turkey ??? and not 10 minutes later the panel were confidently predicting the semi-final at least with a why not final in prospect.

As to Ians points before yours - that's what we've come to expect from Scotlands media. Mind you, we've had balloons giving opinions up here as long as the English mob have been doing it.