England vs Scotland will be shown live on STV

There are a handful of that squad whom I've never heard of. Who is Stephen Kingsley FFS?

I think that's another reason I can't engage with the Scotland games much - I rarely watch them these days and often don't know the score until a day or so later. If the team was made up from players in the SP, and with a smattering of Rangers players, then it might pique my interest. Although, I'd still need it to shed a lot of the nefarious and petty, political and personal shit that pervades it - and most of the people at the top.

I don't follow English football, clueless about the EP never mind the EC, so most of the players are a bit of a mystery to me.

To be honest, I now find football has become a bit of a putrid, corrupt, greedy, self-serving sport which brings the worst out in people, and only my affinity to Rangers keeps me interested - but also means my interest is very narrow and I couldn't tell you most of the Celtic team - whereas I used to know most of the players in the top half of the table, and the most notable ones of the rest a while back, as well as the likes of the Man U team, AC Milan, Barca etc.

I think that's another reason I can't engage with the Scotland games much - I rarely watch them these days and often don't know the score until a day or so later. If the team was made up from players in the SP, and with a smattering of Rangers players, then it might pique my interest. Although, I'd still need it to shed a lot of the nefarious and petty, political and personal shit that pervades it - and most of the people at the top.

I don't follow English football, clueless about the EP never mind the EC, so most of the players are a bit of a mystery to me.

To be honest, I now find football has become a bit of a putrid, corrupt, greedy, self-serving sport which brings the worst out in people, and only my affinity to Rangers keeps me interested - but also means my interest is very narrow and I couldn't tell you most of the Celtic team - whereas I used to know most of the players in the top half of the table, and the most notable ones of the rest a while back, as well as the likes of the Man U team, AC Milan, Barca etc.

You've pretty much described myself. Back in the day I was a bit of a football obsessive, particularly Scottish football where I was something of a Rain Man. It would have been unthinkable to watch an Old Firm game and every few minutes hear a Celtic player's name and think 'who?' in the way I do now.

These days I'm far more into my rugby and cricket. If it wasn't for Rangers, I think I might be lost to football for good.

BLACKBURN Rovers defender Charlie Mulgrew has been added to Gordon Strachan's Scotland squad for Friday's World Cup qualifier against England.

The Scottish FA confirmed the change on Tuesday, three days ahead of the Group F meeting at Wembley.

The versatile 30-year-old, who can play at left-back, centre-back or in midfield, left Celtic in the summer after six years at Parkhead.

Mulgrew, who has scored one goal in 24 caps for his country, has appeared in Rovers' last four games in the English Championship and contributed one assist.

He last featured for Strachan's side in the 3-0 friendly defeat to France in June.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14874373.Former_Celtic_star_Charlie_Mulgrew_added_to_Gordon_Strachan_s_Scotland_squad_for_Wembley_date/

:D

Edited by ian1964

Aye,fair enough.We were not fighting for our wee bit hill n glen with said attire though.!!

Downtrodden in blush pink----its just not right.

We were not fighting at all, from what I could see, my friend.

But you are correct, the National XI's little pink number does little to help them. Really, to wear a strip like that, you have to be good.