Waghorn To Bristol City?

Why is that? What has changed for him since last season when he looked like he was enjoying it?

Personally I'd be happy to take some money for him if we could use it to buy a two footed attacker.

I don't know what is wrong with him but there is clearly something. He isn't offering anything to the team.

waghorn has done the same with every club hes been at. shows promise at the start and then disappears up his own arse after a short space of time. let him go i say. get hardie back and let us see the promise of dodoo. we have far too many honest pros in our team at the moment. they did a job but its time to move them on.

Waghorn was one of our best players last season until he was injured.

At the start of this campaign he looked bright enough again before his hamstring pull put him back again and, since then, his touch seems to have completely deserted him and he's struggled badly when called upon.

Amazing how many people are happy to write him off after a bad period of form though.

I wouldn't write him off. He has still been getting into scoring positions even when not fully match fit but as said his touch seems to have deserted him and that has nothing to do with being up against SPL opposition. If he were just striking the target instead of firing over or past etc he would probably be scoring. And that in fact seems to be a problem for many of our players. We have numerous chances and huge numbers of them don't even hit the target.

Firing high over the bar is probably most popular. I can't remember which match it was but think it may have been the home match against Ross County when we were swarming all over them and as I watched it reached a stage where every time I saw someone preparing to pull the trigger I was expecting it to fly over the bar and it almost always did.

That truly frustrates me. Are they incapable of keeping it down? Even deliberately firing into a forest of bodies or legs has a chance of a deflection into goal, out for a corner, or bouncing to someone else to have a go. Fire it over the bar and you're guaranteed nothing.

And as for Waghorn even though as I mentioned I haven't been writing him off if he wont sign a contract we have to offload him to get something of a return and free up his wages for the window.

Edited by JFK-1

What I would say is that when he came on the other day he was dreadful for the first 5-10mins then improved and was involved in some reasonable attacking moves in deeper positions.

The problem was, we didn't get the ball to him in the box and that was a reflection of our play throughout the 2nd half on Sunday so not completely the fault of Waggy.

Waghorn was one of our best players last season until he was injured.

At the start of this campaign he looked bright enough again before his hamstring pull put him back again and, since then, his touch seems to have completely deserted him and he's struggled badly when called upon.

Amazing how many people are happy to write him off after a bad period of form though.

At last a bit of sanity. When it comes to Rangers Supporters the saying "Your only as good as your last 5 minutes" is taken quite literally.

We simply haven't sorted our front line (including our left midfielder) and this has been made worse by people not hitting form, including Waghorn (Tavernier, McKay).

Perhaps we should indeed try a 4-4-2 every now and then, with O'Halloran on the right and Garner AND Waghorn through the middle.