Transfer Rumours and Deals - Winter Window 2016/17

Joey Barton scores within 5 minutes of his debut for Burnley.

Cant help but be saddened that his situation could not have been resolved with us at the very outset of the drama that played out.

Not sure why this is in here?, however he has gone and good luck to him, but he was his own worst enemy!, not the first ''high profile player'' to come to Scotland and fail

Barton did exactly as the manager asked. MW said it several times in interviews. Unfortunately the other players didn't like it.

Player wise is there any mention of goal scorers being brought in?

Personally I would prefer a good defender but I suppose we really need both.

Personally I would prefer a good defender but I suppose we really need both.

If we are an attacking side i fail to see how we can be without any goal scorers

all in i would rather see 3 solid strong centre mids like spurs use with a completely changed back four, two goal scoring forwards, two new more suited right and left sided forwards and better options on the bench! lol other than that im happy:lol:

Joey Barton scores within 5 minutes of his debut for Burnley.

Cant help but be saddened that his situation could not have been resolved with us at the very outset of the drama that played out.

Failing to resolve the Barton situation was rank bad management and the aftermath made us look extremely foolish.

No argument he was his own worst enemy but it seems he said some things that needed to be said.

We could certainly do with him now.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Failing to resolve the Barton situation was rank bad management and the aftermath made us look extremely foolish.

No argument he was his own worst enemy but it seems he said some things that needed to be said.

We could certainly do with him now.

Do we even know what happened? The guy has consistently shown throughout his career that he's a complete tool so chances are he was well out of line.

Meanwhile, Rangers have been linked with a move for Watford defender Juan Carlos Paredes.

The Ecuadorian right-back is out of favour with Hornets boss Walter Mazzarri and didn’t make the 25-man Premier League squad for this season.

The 29-year-old is reportedly set to return from a break in his homeland to discuss his future and is attracting interest from Rangers, Mexican club Tigres and Ecuadorian side Emelec.

http://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-latest-transfer-news-gossip-12462283

Juan Carlos Paredes - http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/juan-carlos-paredes/profil/spieler/100507

Well, he will only have played challenge and youth games then, has a contract till 2019.

Thing is, of all positions, right-back ain't one we need strengthening, as we already have a good defender in Hodson, as well as Tavernier.

http://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-latest-transfer-news-gossip-12462283

Juan Carlos Paredes - http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/juan-carlos-paredes/profil/spieler/100507

Well, he will only have played challenge and youth games then, has a contract till 2019.

Thing is, of all positions, right-back ain't one we need strengthening, as we already have a good defender in Hodson, as well as Tavernier.

Disagree RB is certainly a position that needs looked at. Tavernier is showing that he has reached his max and Hodson has looked far from being near the level we will need in the future. Admittedly Hodson has not had a great deal of game time but MW would rather play a dubious centre-back than Hodson. I am not sure who that says more about Hodson or Warburton.