Transfer Rumours and Deals - Winter Window 2016/17

Tom Walsh released along with Ryan Sinnamon and Scott Roberts.

Surpised re Walsh who looked more than decent anytime I saw him.

First team player at St mirren I Know stated that Walsh has all the ability in the wirld but the worst attitude to training , says it all really , too much to young , no desire , first of many to go , should serve as an example to others

Lifted from FF:

cwoodloyal

On The Bench

05-06-2011

Loyalist Calderwood

Matt Crooks away to Scunthorpe

As per title,been told he's away on loan to get some game time.Also trying to sign Hepburn-Murphy on pre contract.

Tom Walsh released along with Ryan Sinnamon and Scott Roberts.

Surpised re Walsh who looked more than decent anytime I saw him.

I thought Sinnamon was fairly highly thought of too. Definitely disappointed about Walsh - was one of very few bright spots in our squad a couple of seasons ago.

I thought Sinnamon was fairly highly thought of too. Definitely disappointed about Walsh - was one of very few bright spots in our squad a couple of seasons ago.

Interesting that the only bright lights in that dismal season under Ally/Kenny/Stuart were Murdoch and Walsh, both of whom have now been released. I genuinely expected Walsh to do a McKay, i.e. go out on loan and come back pushing for a first team place, but if RBR is correct and his attitude is questionable, then, disappointingly, perhaps it's for the best. However, it wasn't that long ago that McKay was having his attitude questioned while he was on loan at Morton (I think). Some players do better at big clubs where they are sheltered (and cocooned), and don't enjoy the realities of life when exposed at a smaller club. Not defending him at all, but really thought that he was a very balanced player, comfortable on either flank, and looked a real talent. Best of luck to him and the other two boys released.

Regarding Sinnamon ... we've got Wallace and Tav, plus Hodson, all solid fullbacks. Might be Sinnamon is outgrowing the u20s or in dire need of competitive football that he will not get with us? We might have given him a deal and loaned him out, but for that, all parties would have to agree. Tom Walsh looked quite good when he came on, not least due to him wanting to play, enjoy himself and show what he can do. We hardly know what went on since then behind the scenes and with him, but we do know that our left midfield is filledwith players that would be ahead of him.

You'd wish that we hand them contracts and loan them, perhaps with the obective to sell them with a sell-on clause. But again, both parties need to agree and buying clubs ... well those Scottish ones where these players end up to, may not be able to afford much.

Glad that we tied up Thompson though. He look good.