Transfer Rumours and Deals - Winter Window 2016/17

Hull City goalkeeper Allan McGregor is set to join Cardiff City on loan until the end of the season.

The Scotland international has fallen down the pecking order at the KCOM Stadium and Sky sources have indicated new Tigers head coach Marco Silva is prepared to let him join Cardiff.

Eldin Jakupovic is Silva's number one goalkeeper while McGregor's compatriot David Marshall is the number two option, after joining the Tigers in an £8m deal from Cardiff in the summer.

If Gilks was to move on (which was rumoured a few weeks ago) then we could do a lot worse for a strong number 2 in McGregor.

MOH has been a disappointment as he's far too passive in games (and hasn't really adapted to our style - or us his) but I wouldn't see him moving to Hearts unless someone like Nicholson came in the other direction.

Nicholson has missed the last 2-3months after a knee op but is expected back soon apparently.

I think a loan deal for MOH could be worthwhile to get him game time but I think there is a place for him in our squad. Even an initial 1-month loan deal with an option to extend it for the rest of the season might be beneficial but I wouldn't want him sold

MOH ... maybe we wait another 24 hours and see whether this is actually another bampottery spun by our friends at the DR?

In any case, MOH showed how he can damage teams, i.e. balls over the top and him utilizing his pace. At least twice against RBL. For one reason or another, we signed him knowing this and yet have not played anywhere up to this strength. Even we we were in dire need of it. Yet, persist in playing sub-(their own)-standard performers such as Tavernier. And as long as we likewise persist in playing Miller and/or Garner through the middle and Waghorn on the right, MOH just warms the bench. Better to send him out on loan to keep himself sharp and harm our direct opponents.

Bairns hope for Aird signing

Peter Houston is hopeful of signing Fraser Aird in time for Saturday’s Scottish Cup match with Morton. The winger is expected to complete a move to the Bairns within the next 48 hours and Houston is seriously considering pitching him straight in for the Cappielow crunch.

Read more at: http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/bairns-hope-for-aird-signing-1-4341773