Transfer Rumours and Deals - Winter Window 2016/17

Is Cummings going to have us challenging Celtic for the title next season? No. So let's find someone who will.

These promising, young(ish) Scottish players rarely amount to anything. Goodwillie, Riordan, Fyvie etc.

I can only hope we have a team of scouts abroad trying to identify decent players for the summer...

For every one that amounts to nothing there are some who go on to do reasonably well - Kenny Miller, Griffiths, Snodgrass etc

I can't see us signing Cummings unless the money is right and I can't see that happening.

Despite having a dodgy patch this season, the lad is a decent player and a good finisher but would be a risky signing in many ways. I'd rather go for someone like Moult who would perhaps offer the physical presence we need up front when teams sit in.

I worry that Cummings has too much of the ned about him, and is too old to have that schooled out of him. I think of his predecessors,

O'Connor and Riordan, both decent players, but with attitude and/or lifestyle problems.

I could be doing the boy a disservice, and for his sake I hope that I am wrong; for Rangers' sake, if he is signed, I hope that I am very wrong.

Doesn't matter who he signs to play through the middle if we continue to instruct them to run away from goal. All Cummings will do is run away better .

That in itself isn't a problem if (at least) one of the other attacking players (e.g. Holt, McKay or MOH on Saturday) had the gumption to take Miller's place when he dropped deep/wide.

Far too often both MOH and McKay sat too wide and too deep themselves and only once did I see MOH get to the back-post when fairness to him, he'd have had a tap in if Wallace hadn't cut it back instead. McKay, too, doesn't support the attack enough but, when he does, he can score goals.

These are the types strategy nuances the manager has to ingrain in his players.

Edited by Frankie

I think Cummings would be a good signing if he screws the nut. I sat behind him on an airport transport bus last month at Edinburgh airport after they'd came back from a jolly and he screamed stupid wee boy with his billy big time chat. But he's young and that's fairly normal in Scotland. If the money's right then I'd take him. He'd certainly score goals and will only get better

I can't see us signing Cummings unless the money is right and I can't see that happening.

Despite having a dodgy patch this season, the lad is a decent player and a good finisher but would be a risky signing in many ways. I'd rather go for someone like Moult who would perhaps offer the physical presence we need up front when teams sit in.

I'd rather we went for players who could perform in the Europa and challenge Celtic for the title. A Motherwell player who was playing in the Conference a couple of years ago is unlikely to be such a player.

We have to look a lot further than our own shores.