Transfer Rumours and Deals - Winter Window 2016/17

The league is gone so for now i'm content to be be better than the rest and from day one despite some contrary results and incoinsistency I always believed we were. Two or three good signings would put us out of sight of the rest and I trust in this Rangers minded board to do all they can in that direction. Euro money is an absolute must to put us streets ahead of the rest which also closes the gap above us and even now we all seem to agree the gap isn't so great as some would like to claim it is.

The gap is huge JFK! They are miles ahead and we are in effect third at the moment as the sheep have a game in hand! We need millions to be able to compete. In truth we will have to be satisfied with fighting for second until we get some substantial investment in the tens of millions.

Edited by cooponthewing

The gap is huge JFK! They are miles ahead and we are in effect third at the moment as the sheep have a game in hand! We need millions to be able to compete. In truth we will have to be satisfied with fighting for second until we get some substantial investment in the tens of millions.

Personally, I think the gap between the 2 clubs isn't that huge - it is made "bigger" through media hype.

It is true that they are going through a purple patch just now, but I think the real test will be next season - lets see how great Brenda is then when they start their "Euro Rampage".

Our biggest problem has been consistency, or lack of it. I think a couple of key signings could make a massive difference, as will the return of Krancjar. We need someone to score goals. I believe Waggy could do the job, but he needs game time.

Not even the mhedia can hype up nineteen polnts. The gap is patent..

As I said, they've hit a purple patch, we've been stuttering......

Look at the EPL - 14 points separate Chelsea & Man Utd. Is that because Man Utd have vastly inferior players???

Last years winners Leicester are currently 34 points behind Chelsea & 3 places out of relegation.

The point being that there are many factors which contribute to a points gap in the league - not just the value of your players. We have a very decent team at the moment, not fantastic though. Ceptic have a couple of individual players of quality - injury/suspension/end of loans, and all of a sudden they are technically not that much better than us. However the media constantly hype up what a wonderful team they are.

I'm sure most of this 'gap' chat has been chewed through before and it's fair that we're split on that topic, and it's obvious that none of us believe that they are world beaters. I said before that Brenda will NEVER get a transfer window as right as the last one again!!! And our last window was an unmitigated disaster. Warburton's first transfer window was a roaring success and he's found it tougher since. Brenda will find the same!! I expect them to lose players like Rogic and Dembele, Roberts goes back to Man City and probably Brown needs replaced too, so we'll see how it goes. It's not all about money for me.

Rangers make enquiry about a loan for West Ham defender Reece Oxford

Sportsmail understand Rangers made contact with West Ham this week

West Ham consider Reece Oxford to have tremendous potential

Slaven Bilic has said Oxford has the ability to become a world class player *

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4155682/Rangers-make-loan-enquiry-West-Ham-man-Reece-Oxford.html#ixzz4WmESaMZ0

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Sky Sports Scotland

Verified account

‏@ScotlandSky

Follow

More

TRANSFER NEWS

Sky sources- Rangers are in advanced talks with West Ham over the loan signing of defender Reece Oxford.

Edited by ian1964