Transfer Rumours and Deals - Winter Window 2016/17

He might have potential but he is 18 so are we going to take a chance on another loan, with no long term benefit,no experience and possibly throw away our chase for second .

what if he's better than what we've currently got ? seems he can play defensive MF as well as CB. Might play there & allow Halliday to play in his proper position

Zalelam was to be a wonder kid but again his age and lack of experience did not help although he had flashes of what he could do.so if we get this latest wonder kid he might show flashes but what we need is proven players to see us through.

Remember nearly all on here are saying that making Europe is a must so IMO we do not have the luxury of developing loanees.

I don't care how much talent or promise a player shows. The simple fact is an experienced pro, even with limited ability will always get the better of a youngster. He knows all the tricks to do it.

We need guys who can fit straight in and do a job. Not somebody we have to tutor before we see results.

The league is gone so for now i'm content to be be better than the rest and from day one despite some contrary results and incoinsistency I always believed we were. Two or three good signings would put us out of sight of the rest and I trust in this Rangers minded board to do all they can in that direction. Euro money is an absolute must to put us streets ahead of the rest which also closes the gap above us and even now we all seem to agree the gap isn't so great as some would like to claim it is.

But it doesn't close the gap if they make the CL group stages.

He might have potential but he is 18 so are we going to take a chance on another loan, with no long term benefit,no experience and possibly throw away our chase for second .

Yeah but this kid would be an exciting signing IMHO - yes, it is only a loan signing but he would make a very big difference to us I believe for the run-in. I read somewhere that West Ham believe he is the best CB they have had since Rio Ferdinand, quite the comparison.

Edited by craig

I don't care how much talent or promise a player shows. The simple fact is an experienced pro, even with limited ability will always get the better of a youngster. He knows all the tricks to do it.

We need guys who can fit straight in and do a job. Not somebody we have to tutor before we see results.

That is not a fact.

Like Trump are you using "alternative facts"?

Edited by Waltersgotstyle

Oxford would be an exciting signing, and I suppose it's an example of what MW was saying about getting to a stage where the bigger clubs trust us enough to loan us their best young talent. At the level we play guys of Oxford's calibre should bring an improvement to the squad.

However, I would prefer to see permanent signings; loans, no matter how much of a boost they give, are only short-term. I'm not going to complain about quality young talent, though. January is also a very difficult month in which to do business.