I hope they realise that with this enquiry now so widespread it's all over every section of British football. We will be shone in an awful light by the BBC/Sky all over the country who will broadcast our fans revealing in the misery of others up and down the country from all walks of life.

Being honest I sing and enjoy most songs, but as a support we can't be singing this now in full view of millions watching and listening worldwide.

Edited by cooponthewing

Obviously, if you equate "you're not fit to wear the sash" with a song about child abuse.

You can come up with all the comparisons that you want but my morals tell me that singing about child abuse is wrong. If your morals and values don't see anything wrong with it then there's not much I'm going to be able to say that will change your mind.

Sorry to appear to dig you up personally again BD, but this is the line the manks and their ilk always push when the subject is brought up and it's entirely wrong.

The Rangers fans aren't singing about child abuse. Nobody is saying that Stein abused any kids.

It's the covering up of the child sexual abuse that's being referred to. Stein knew. Stein said nothing. That makes him fair game as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry to appear to dig you up personally again BD, but this is the line the manks and their ilk always push when the subject is brought up and it's entirely wrong.

The Rangers fans aren't singing about child abuse. Nobody is saying that Stein abused any kids.

It's the covering up of the child sexual abuse that's being referred to. Stein knew. Stein said nothing. That makes him fair game as far as I'm concerned.

But it's not sung as a righteous complaint against the covering up of child abuse, instead it's sung as gleeful revelling in the "feet of clay" of our bitterest rivals' most legendary figure. Were that not the case it would not be sung in the manner it is and we would have sung re other characters from all walks of life who've covered things up, especially such abuse, in the past.

But it's not sung as a righteous complaint against the covering up of child abuse, instead it's sung as gleeful revelling in the "feet of clay" of our bitterest rivals' most legendary figure. Were that not the case it would not be sung in the manner it is and we would have sung re other characters from all walks of life who've covered things up, especially such abuse, in the past.

Maybe that is how you see it personally. In fact how many others may see it.

"Gleefully revelling" is not how I do it. It is a direct accusation when I sing it.

"Most legendary figure" doesn't come into the debate unless you're on about the manks own twisted accusations of how Struth was somehow involved in the death of Wilton.

" we would have sung re other characters from all walks of life who've covered things up, especially such abuse, in the past." ?? Who would you propose prior to or post Stein ?

Edited by boabie

Obviously, if you equate "you're not fit to wear the sash" with a song about child abuse.

You can come up with all the comparisons that you want but my morals tell me that singing about child abuse is wrong. If your morals and values don't see anything wrong with it then there's not much I'm going to be able to say that will change your mind.

Ahem ... the song is NOT about child abuse, but the vile organisation that is Celtic FC, their cover-up back then, their squirming now, their getting away with it and that one of their greatest ever managers knew about it and apparently did next to nothing. And in that it is a song to rile the Yahoos. You put it to a level beyond that context and applying morals or ethics that goes beyond what the singers aim at. Ask any singer of that song and they will tell you that they won't condone child abuse, no matter where and who committed it.

There are intelligent men here defending BJK. That surprises me. The chant itself is infantile self-hypnosis delivered not as a complaint but as a partisan jibe either triumphant in victory or defiant in defeat. It will not instruct cfc in the error of their ways. It will not compel remorse in their odious following. It will not prompt Authority to investigate. Don't do it at the match. Don't defend it.

Get some articulate folk who know the full story to write to every Scottish MP, every MSP, every newspaper and every other news medium. The stoniest of stony ground, I know, but perhaps some of the MPs with children might take heed. Keep football and Rangers out of it because it's not about football and it's not about Rangers. It's much more important than that. It's about conniving to obscure one of the worst of crimes.

You're the parent or an aunt or an uncle of a victim. How would you feel about thousands of blokes jumping up and down roaring BJK and gesticulating at thousands of others screaming republican tripe in return? Heartened by the zeal for justice? Comforted by the empathy? Or disgusted that, by association, the victim's torment is used in the exchange of tribal abuse?

Think about it.

There are intelligent men here defending BJK. That surprises me. The chant itself is infantile self-hypnosis delivered not as a complaint but as a partisan jibe either triumphant in victory or defiant in defeat. It will not instruct cfc in the error of their ways. It will not compel remorse in their odious following. It will not prompt Authority to investigate. Don't do it at the match. Don't defend it.

Get some articulate folk who know the full story to write to every Scottish MP, every MSP, every newspaper and every other news medium. The stoniest of stony ground, I know, but perhaps some of the MPs with children might take heed. Keep football and Rangers out of it because it's not about football and it's not about Rangers. It's much more important than that. It's about conniving to obscure one of the worst of crimes.

You're the parent or an aunt or an uncle of a victim. How would you feel about thousands of blokes jumping up and down roaring BJK and gesticulating at thousands of others screaming republican tripe in return? Heartened by the zeal for justice? Comforted by the empathy? Or disgusted that, by association, the victim's torment is used in the exchange of tribal abuse?

Think about it.

While I dont disagree with the content of your post Scott - the suggestion we write to MP's is a fruitless one.

What transpired at Parkhead & Celtic Boys Club is no secret only known to a select few.

The recent unwillingness to even make mention of it in recent press reports into child abuse underlines this.

screenshot_246.png

Edited by D'Artagnan

There are intelligent men here defending BJK. ...

Make that "debating" and we are on a decent course. I gave my opinion on how I view BJK and "Go home you Huns" et al. If others see it differently, no problem. Putting people into factions is wrong though, or at least not helpful. It almost puts those not outright against it in the "for it" faction, when the starting points of tackling the subject are rather different.