The end of the beginning: Rangers v Celtic

We're not a million miles off. Couple of important signings and fix some of the managerial mistakes and we are there.

We're 19 points behind. It wouldn't take a huge amount of money to catch them next season, but the board are going to have to start spending proper money.

Mind you, if the manager's going to make a repeat of the Garner signing, then God help us.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

For the first 25 mins. or so we looked good. High tempo and energetic. When they got their equalizer we dipped and never regained momentum.

Our boys tried, but with no real conviction. It can't all be on McKay to be creative.

deplorable second half performance

i take out mckay - a fucking wing back!! our best, most creative player and the GK

tavernier had a performance from the ages absolutely scandalous and that back 3 , not a player among them

we are a shambles a dispirited, disorganised shambles.

I thought Hill played well especially as he was the only defender who seemed to want to defend

Otherwise - Wes and Barrie. And Holt for the first half ...........

Ach, it's all too depressing though. I'm offski now. A guid new year to one and all when it comes, if that is at all possible now.

Edited by SteveC

I thought Hill played well. Him and Wes and Barrie. And holt for the first half esp.

their forward line was waltzing through us ate ease, we were all over the place

yet another game where we can't play for 90 minutes

dreadful - 23 attempts at our goal, at home??

I don't get the logic behind 3 at the back. We're poor defensively with 4, yet now we try playing 3? Up against a front 3, the two wide players are always going to be ahead of the wing backs, leaving the centre halves man for man with the attackers and getting pulled all over the park. As we saw today. We aren't good enough to be messing about with formations. Just stick with a simple 4 at the back - we're bad enough with that.

I don't get the logic behind 3 at the back. We're poor defensively with 4, yet now we try playing 3? Up against a front 3, the two wide players are always going to be ahead of the wing backs, leaving the centre halves man for man with the attackers and getting pulled all over the park. As we saw today. We aren't good enough to be messing about with formations. Just stick with a simple 4 at the back - we're bad enough with that.

couldn't agree more

mckay at wing back FFS and he was superb from there- if the manager had a clue he'd be in the centre and the team built around him

Yay! Sinclair cost as much as our whole squad. You would expect them to be better, but they weren't all over us throughout, we rattled them hard in the first half. They came out strong in the second and we often dilly-dallied far too long and did not get the ball away quickly enough. But that is the difference between our standard and theirs.

Still, despite their dominance, better players and shots, we had glorious chances too and failed to take them, while some schoolboy stuff once again laid us low, stuff utterly avoidable.

The second part of 2016 was largely a year to forget, but tomorrow will be 2017 and we still look strong for reaching this season's targets. The realistic targets.