The end of the beginning: Rangers v Celtic

I don't get the logic behind 3 at the back. We're poor defensively with 4, yet now we try playing 3? Up against a front 3, the two wide players are always going to be ahead of the wing backs, leaving the centre halves man for man with the attackers and getting pulled all over the park. As we saw today. We aren't good enough to be messing about with formations. Just stick with a simple 4 at the back - we're bad enough with that.

Why dont you just say what you really think?Do you want him moved on or not?

Yay! Sinclair cost as much as our whole squad. You would expect them to be better, but they weren't all over us throughout, we rattled them hard in the first half. They came out strong in the second and we often dilly-dallied far too long and did not get the ball away quickly enough. But that is the difference between our standard and theirs.

Still, despite their dominance, better players and shots, we had glorious chances too and failed to take them, while some schoolboy stuff once again laid us low, stuff utterly avoidable.

The second part of 2016 was largely a year to forget, but tomorrow will be 2017 and we still look strong for reaching this season's targets. The realistic targets.

I agree with a lot of that but I'd say that 2016 was "largely a year to forget", not just the second part. The cup semi win over them was epic, of course, (though even on that day we nearly threw it away) and there were one or two other good days but generally it's been poor for a year and nothing like the second half of 2015.

Edited by SteveC
repeated word

Some moaning on here makes you think that we never conceded against the Scum. No matter what manager or team we had. Foderingham is here to earn his corn and he did so admirably today. As did Klos and Goram and Woods. But the latter all conceded goals too, as did their defenders. Bad goals. I think many called for heads and scalps on days like today, but in the end most were glad that these people and their managers stayed on.

I am pleased with our performance, just annoyed that we were once again undone by ONE slip in concentration, once again by Tavernier. This is so sickening, not least since we matched them more or less for long spells. Yes, they look better, have some slick passing about, some fine shots too, but you wonder what it takes to put them to the sword. The odd quantum of quality in Waghorn or Harry when it comes to decision-making, that bit of luck when Miller hitting the post (and no-one was there to follow up).

Thanks again for the SPFL to hand the Scum such a New Year prsent, hopefully, they'll choke on it in 2017.

Eh ?? How did the SPFL hand them a New Year present ??

Eh ?? How did the SPFL hand them a New Year present ??

OF game on the last day of the year ... how often did that happen in the last decade or five? Given their form, last season' and this, such a game was essentially going one way only, by default.

... but yes, maybe I'm a bit too naughty here.

OF game on the last day of the year ... how often did that happen in the last decade or five? Given their form, last season' and this, such a game was essentially going one way only, by default.

You can hardly suggest the SPFL handed them a present..... Tavernier and Wilson maybe.... but not the SPFL.

A BIT.Heard many excuses,but playing on the wrong day?-----really?