[FT] Rangers 2 (Miller 85; 89) - 1 Motherwell

Id much rather windas had the 12 games toral needs to see if hes any good.

Or any player we own.

I see Toral coming in for Holt, rather than Windass, but I do take your point re the players on loan. To me though, Holt, for all of his industry and effort, was ineffectual on the weekend, and has been for most of the season. We just have zero creativity in terms of creating goal scoring opportunities (and I include Barrie in that), and you would hope that a fit Toral would be able to supply that. I agree with BD that he did not play well against Motherwell, and my hope is that this is just match fitness that he is lacking. You would have thought that Warburton would have learned his lesson from Barton and Kranjcar being forced into the team when both were so obviously unfit.

Surely all players need to be both physically fit and mach fit to produce their best form; we need look no further than Kranjcar for evidence of that.

I don't think that Toral will ever be in the same league as Kranjcar but given a half a dozen games he may well add the necessary strength and speed of thought to make a real impact.

I would put Windass in the same bag as Garner; a good honest trier who will run till he drops and not offer a great deal more.

Why wouldn't Toral be physically fit? He was on the bench against Real Madrid earlier in the month.

As I said before, Windass looks as if he offers more than Toral.

Why wouldn't Toral be physically fit? He was on the bench against Real Madrid earlier in the month.

He has only played 6 matches (from memory) for Grenada during his loan spell, which was the reason that Arsenal cancelled the arrangement. I think he would be physically fit, but probably not match fit.

He has only played 6 matches (from memory) for Grenada during his loan spell, which was the reason that Arsenal cancelled the arrangement. I think he would be physically fit, but probably not match fit.

I'd agree about him not being match fit but surely he should be physically fit? BH seemed to suggest that he wasn't physically fit and his strength needed worked on.

I felt he was slow and I'm not sure that is going to improve much, but I'd love to be proved wrong.

The Hootsman with an indepth analysis on why we didn't get a penalty at the weekend ---

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/scottish-cup/why-referee-craig-thomson-failed-to-award-rangers-a-penalty-1-4347275

There's an awful lot of maybe's and perhaps's in there.

Let's face it, the referee is a cheat and nothing can excuse that decision. Nothing.

The Hootsman with an indepth analysis on why we didn't get a penalty at the weekend ---

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/scottish-cup/why-referee-craig-thomson-failed-to-award-rangers-a-penalty-1-4347275

Let's face it, the referee is a cheat and nothing can excuse that decision. Nothing.

It’s not a case of bad positioning. As you’d expect from such an experienced referee, he’s in a great position to see all of the penalty area. It’s just that some angles can be deceptive. From his vantage point, it’s much harder to tell if Hammell makes contact.

It wasn't a deceptive angle. I saw it from the same angle as the ref, albeit from a higher, but further away position and it was clearly a penalty. It was clear that contact was made.

He just didn't have the balls to award it.

I'd agree about him not being match fit but surely he should be physically fit? BH seemed to suggest that he wasn't physically fit and his strength needed worked on.

I felt he was slow and I'm not sure that is going to improve much, but I'd love to be proved wrong.

I did not intend to suggest that he was not physically fit, what I said was that "Surely all players need to be both physically fit and match fit to produce their best form".

I agree 100% with DaveP and said as much at #121. In fact he only played 359 minutes for Granada in 5 months, the equivalent of 4 games of football. After the first match he didn't play for 2 months and had only 45 minutes football since the end of November.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jon-toral/leistungsdaten/spieler/193593

So it's bound to take him time to become match fit.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I can't remember so much effort ever being put in to justify any team not getting such a blatant penalty before.

I did not intend to suggest that he was not physically fit, what I said was that "Surely all players need to be both physically fit and match fit to produce their best form".

You did say that "given a half a dozen games he may well add the necessary strength ...... to make a real impact" which suggests a physical improvement is needed.