[FT] Rangers 2 (Miller 85; 89) - 1 Motherwell

It's a win but it's not good enough.

Yes, we largely dominated but we moved the ball too slowly and don't get enough people into dangerous positions.

I agree there was a passage of play where from the camera angle you could clearly see Motherwells two banks of four defenders with no one in a blue shirt in between or even forward of them.

I mised the game as I just got back from a a 2 week training stint in Dallas which is why I haven't been on the forum recently too. Judging by the comments it was a win but not the crushing display we would hope for at home. I'm just glad to be in the next round because there is a tendency to be underwhleming after a 3 week break.

I mised the game as I just got back from a a 2 week training stint in Dallas which is why I haven't been on the forum recently too. Judging by the comments it was a win but not the crushing display we would hope for at home. I'm just glad to be in the next round because there is a tendency to be underwhleming after a 3 week break.

We essentially totally dominated them, as they were putting 7 to 8 men behind the ball, with the odd sporadic attempt of an attack. But as with these last game, we took too many steps with the ball, did not release it quickly enough and could not muster our bravery and have a shot. It might have gone differently had Thompson awarded us a stonewall penalty ... which would have forced them to open up and giving us more room. With Windass and Waghorn we got more pace and also willingness to attack, which in the end yielded goals. Toral obviously needs some fine-tuning ... with Scottish football and his fellow players. Hyndman looked rather solid in midfield ... hope he gets some more time too.