[FT] Hearts 4 - 1 Rangers (Hyndman 36)

I don't think we can make long term decisions about a manager on a single game while we're still sitting second in the league and still looking good for a Euro spot.

A fair point if that was the case (and I'd still keep him, btw, despite what I am about to say) but it isn't "on one game". It's the frustration of the 'defence' time after time after time shipping goals. We either actively create them for the opposition or stand back and watch them score. iI's been over a calendar year of atrocious defending and there's not a sign of anyone addressing any of the repetitive problems.

That's unforgivable. WTF does Weir actually do?

Edited by SteveC

I've never said this before tonight but I can see Warburton's time coming to and end. How many losses is that to top 6 teams away? It is simply unacceptable for a team with Rangers' resources (comparatively to our rivals).

I don't think we can make long term decisions about a manager on a single game while we're still sitting second in the league and still looking good for a Euro spot.
it's not based on a single game. MW has clearly been found out and it's probably from the cup win over them last season. It's not working, there's no consistency, the team are toothless and massively underperforming. Their second goal lifted them and it was down to yet another stupid mistake that we're incapable of cutting out! We probably will go on and get the Euro spot 2nd or 3rd, but by no way is this good enough. Basically giving up!

A fair point if that was the case (and I'd still keep him, btw, despite what I am about to say) but it isn't "on one game". It's the frustration of the 'defence' time after time after time shipping goals. We either actively create them for the opposition or stand back and watch them score. iI's been over a calendar year of atrocious defending and there's not a sign of anyone addressing any of the repetitive problems.

That's unforgivable. WTF does Weir actually do?

But it is the case that we're still sitting second in the league and still looking good for a Euro spot. It's not this bad every game though I think we all agree there are issues to be addressed which hopefully will be. I expect more money to be made available if/when a Euro spot is secured.

We are being taught another football lesson, it's embarrassing, they are sharper, better passing and movement, everything we are not.

That Hearts side has no more quality than Rangers. They simply wanted it more. We looked utterly disinterested from start to finish. I just feel for the fans who forked out and turned up tonight.

I like Warburton, but he's simply not going to take us to the next level.

Never thought I would say this but I think Warburtons time is up.

He'll get to the end of the season. I'm sure of that.

I started to wonder about him when players were getting new contracts before we were even in the top division.

Did he under-rate Scottish football ? Like PLG did

Awful tonight, If Warbs had taken the time to see Hearts play on Sunday he might have seen something, they play good football or try to, if a team comes at you full of pace and power, you better have your team drilled for it. We were lost tonight with no idea how to combat them, no alternatives.

Its not just one result though is it JFK-1? Its every time we play a top five team we cant beat them away from home.

Incidentally I thought Walker for Hearts was outstanding.

How many big games have we bottled in the last two seasons. Warburton should have walked after the Cup Final. Lost twice to Hibs lost twice to Falkirk. Lost the Cup Final. Lost twice at Tynecastle - hammered at Parkhead. Not good enough. Nowhere near good enough