[FT] Rangers 2 (Miller 12; Waghorn 61) - 1 Morton

As I look out the window and see the snow quickly turning to ice on the pavements I get depressed thinking I will have to walk the dogs while watching where I step without ending lying on my back staring at fifty shades of grey in the sky above. In the hope of some good news I turn the telly on for the news headlines. All I hear about is war all over the world and the daily helping of Donald Trump's claptrap. My mood dips even further. The weather report cheers me up slightly when the good-looking weather lady tells me the temperature will reach one degree above nil, but then without even a rye smile of sympathy, smashes it to smithereens by adding “ with a perceived temperature of minus nine degrees centigrade. Depressions here,depressions there, depressions every bloom'n where.” My own personal depression dips even further to my cotton socks. I even notice I have a hole in one of them.

In a bid to cheer myself up I go and put the kettle on for a cup of tea. Waiting for the kettle to boil I put the computer on to catch up on the latest news on the famous Glasgow Rangers. If that doesn't cheer me up then nothing will.

Rangers drubbed by Hearts.

Rangers draw with Ross County.

Warburton has to go.

Kiernen abused by supporters and may leave,

Garner can't score. Tavernier can't defend,

Warburton has lost the support of the board.

The club has no money.

My heart sinks as I read through the threads. Even coming on to a Rangers fan forum is becoming a chore. Positivity is scarce and hidden amongst the pages and pages of negative posts.The Kettle has boiled and I get up to make a cup of tea. As I open the the teabag jar I stare at the empty bottom. Not a teabag in the house. Sometime life is a real shit.

The one thing that I have learned in life is that good times and bad times ebb and flow and change is always just around the corner. The weather forecast for next week is plus 10 degrees. Spring is almost in the air, my teabag jar will soon be stocked up full, and Rangers will thrash Morton in the Scottish cup. All of a sudden the talk of being in the draw for the next round of the Scottish cup will give an injection of positivity on the message boards. Won't it? We Rangers supporters are a fickle lot and have mood swings worse than the fairer sex have on their menstrual cycle. A Rangers defeat against Morton though(God help us) will almost certainly prove that Hell does have a worse fury than a woman scorned.

The match against Morton has been stated in the media as a must win game for Mark Warburton. To be honest he has been making some stupid statements of late. Saying he rested Hyndman for his parent club was a huge mistake. Personally I am not so sure as I think he will be given to the end of the season before any major decision is made. We also have to ask ourselves if a better manager is available at this time. Frank de Boer has been mentioned but whether Rangers can afford him at this time is open to serious doubt. Warburton and Davy Weir would need to be paid off and then de Boer would want to bring in his own back-room staff who won't come in the winter sales, price class. There is the argument that you can better pay a lot for a good coach rather than players, but Frank de Boer is also not floating on a cloud of success outside the Amsterdam arena and won't come with a guarantee of success. He will also probably prefer to wait and see what doors open up for him in the summer

No matter what, Warburton will be picking the team on Sunday and that could throw up some good discussion. Will he play Foderingham or will he, as he did with Gilks, give his deputy Jak Alnwick the keepers jersey for the day?

Will he bring Hodson in at right-back and push Tavernier into a more advanced roll?

Who will be his Central defenders? Will he stick with Senderos and Hill or will Kiernen and Wilson be brought back into action? David Bates is also an option although I would be surprised if he was to make his debut in such an important game.

In the midfield the addition of Hyndman and Toral has now given him the choice to drop Halliday and play Tavernier or Holt in the deeper defensive roll. Windass, Forrester, McKay and even Miller could also be put in a midfield roll. Their are certainly no shortage of choices in the midfield.

The front line will almost certainly feature Garner, I think we can all put a tenner on that quite safely. Could he surprise us for a game and go for a 4-4-2 formation and play Miller, Waghorn or Dodoo up front with Garner or will he stick to his tried and trusted 4-3-3 with Waghorn, O'Halloran, or Dodoo on the right.

One thing is for sure, he has plenty of options all over the park. All he has to do is pick the players for the job and get them motivated to get it done successfully. Failure to beat a Championship side at home in the cup will see more depressions around Ibrox than the whole of the North Sea and will certainly cause a downpour of criticism. I will be wearing my Anorak and burying my face in my sheepskin gloves for at least a week if we are not in the hat for the next SFA embarrassment draw.

I think the team will be.

Foderingham

Tavernier Sendros Hill Wallace

Toral Hyndman Holt

Waghorn Garner McKay

C'mon Mark kick-start the season.

C'mon the Gers!!

I predict a walkover despite inconsistent results and form recently. The last match we did enough to win 3 games but it just didn't happen and something has to give which is all the more likely against a side accustomed to playing at a lower level. They were gubbed 3-0 by Queen of the South just 6 days ago and I expect to see at least as many fly into their net on Sunday.

They will likely set up to park the bus as so many do then when we get the first goal they're going to have to open up somewhat. Hopefully that first comes early. When the aforementioned QoS came to visit they held out till the 33rd minute then it became a second half avalanche and I expect to see a similar scenario here. The team has something to prove after recent results and I feel they wont let up even if a few ahead and coasting.

I predict a walkover despite inconsistent results and form recently. The last match we did enough to win 3 games but it just didn't happen and something has to give which is all the more likely against a side accustomed to playing at a lower level. They were gubbed 3-0 by Queen of the South just 6 days ago and I expect to see at least as many fly into their net on Sunday.

They will likely set up to park the bus as so many do then when we get the first goal they're going to have to open up somewhat. Hopefully that first comes early. When the aforementioned QoS came to visit they held out till the 33rd minute then it became a second half avalanche and I expect to see a similar scenario here. The team has something to prove after recent results and I feel they wont let up even if a few ahead and coasting.

Teams are actually not parking the bus against us, they attack in numbers but make sure they get behind the ball as quickly as possible. They know we will be ticky-tackying our way up the park so the have plenty of time to arrange the troops.

I hope Murty goes for it and picks a team / formation he see's fit and not to try keep continuity.

Id go with

Foderingham

Tavernier Hill Senderos Wallace

Forrester Toral Hyndman McKay

Miller Dodoo

I hope Murty goes for it and picks a team / formation he see's fit and not to try keep continuity.

Id go with

Foderingham

Tavernier Hill Senderos Wallace

Forrester Toral Hyndman McKay

Miller Dodoo

No matter who's playing Gribz, I'll be happy to see some reaction from the squad and watch them swat Morton aside.