[FT] Rangers 2 (Miller 12; Waghorn 61) - 1 Morton

Well, it might not be popular, but I'd still go for a 3-5-2 line-up, which should keep us safe at the back, dominant in midfield and with more bite up front. What I would ask from my defenders and goalie: stop playing "out of the back and trouble", clear the lines!

Fodderingham

Hodson - Hill - Wilson

Hodson is the quick part here and can defend, Hill organizes and Wilson can actually hit a good pass. They would screen our back.

Tavernier and Wallace are WINGbacks more than they are wingBACKS, so having them in midfield (or a little further than a straight 5-man defence) will given them more space to run into ... even though they can drop back and bolster the backline. Hyndman should be in the centre, with Miller as the more attack-minded creative chap next to him, or of course, McKay. I'd place Forrester on their right. If Morton starts to tire, replace Tav or Forrester with O'Halloran, so we can hit them with pace.

Tavernier - Forrester - Hyndman - Miller/McKay - Wallace

Which leaves us with the top two. I'd still start with Garner and place Waghorn next to him. If that does'nt work, bring in Dodoo.

Waghorn - Garner

A more solid defence with a bit of pace through Hodson, a loaded midfield with both defensive and attacking options, and a bit of firepower still.

I'd like to see us go 3-4-1-2 with Garner, Miller up front; Toral would be a good Number 10 with Hyndman and Halliday behind:

Fod

Wilson - Hill - Kiernan

Tavernier - Halliday - Hyndman - Wallace

McKay/Toral

Miller - Garner

However, I suspect Murty will go 4-3-3 which I think he's been using with the Under-20's, no? Maybe someone can confirm?

What are the chances the players under perform after all this carry on?, deliberately or not!

As just mentioned on the other thread players like Miller and Wallace know they play for Rangers and not MW, Kenny has been there long enough to know this and will surely be getting this message across in the dressing room. You also wonder if players like Waghorn might be happy if his falling out with MW was true therefore he may perform. Dodoo may also get a chance now.

Shades of Raith Rovers at Ibrox two years past, in the same round of the cup?

Durrant at East End Park after PLG's departure.

McDowell's League Cup semi-final against ra Yahoos.

It's not just that we lost all those cup games after a managerial departure, the performances were worse than rotten. Murty had better display exceptional motivational skills. I suspect it will mainly be a Kenny Miller/Lee Wallace leadership test today?

Billy Gilmour poised to make Rangers history as he is included in squad to face Morton

Rangers caretaker Graeme Murty has promoted the 15-year-old midfielder into the first team squad and he will become the youngest ever Ger if he makes an appearance.

Rangers prodigy Billy Gilmour could make history this afternoon by becoming the youngest ever first team player at Ibrox.

The teenager has been named in caretaker boss Graeme Murty’s first match day squad for the Scottish Cup clash with Morton.

And at just 15 years and 246 days old the midfielder would easily beat Derek Ferguson’s 34-year record for being the youngest Ger. Ferguson made his Rangers debut against Queen of the South in 1983 aged 16 years and 24 days.

Gilmour has risen to prominence this season after a series of sparkling displays for Murty’s development side.

He was invited to train with the first team last month and was pictured with Mark Warburton at Auchenhowie on the ex-gaffer’s last day in charge on Friday.

Gilmour’s ability hasn’t gone unnoticed by the big guns down south either. We told last month how Chelsea could be set to make a move for the youngster who shone in Scotland's recent Victory Shield tournament.

Manchester City, Manchester United , Arsenal, Bayern Munich and Barcelona are also said to be keeping an eye on the midfielder.

What are the chances the players under perform after all this carry on?, deliberately or not!

its a ready made excuse for failure

however, if some of those players didn't trust/didn't get on with the mangement you may see a very positive reaction

time will tell.