Well who's next

Caixinha's club is now on a three-week break and he is expected to go to Portugal and visiting us early next week. Rumours, of course.

Meanwhile, some murmurs that the DoF slot is actually offered to the Tottenham chap Mitchell, who should be free since the end of 2016.

Edited by der Berliner

Caixinha's club is now on a three-week break and he is expected to go to Portugal and visiting us early next week. Rumours, of course.

Meanwhile, some murmurs that the DoF slot is actually offered to the Tottenham chap Mitchell, who should be free since the end of 2016.

Not quite.

Mitchell is not expected to serve the full term, which would take him up to the end of 2017, but it looks likely he will remain in situ for the January transfer window and, possibly, be asked to work towards next summer.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/13/tottenham-hotspur-paul-mitchell-recruitment-notice-period

What about all the Brazilian players who come over to Portugal & get Portuguese passports ? They don't require work permits

Like to think this is one option Caixinho would think about if he gets the job.

One word Rab - brexit.

We might be ok for this and next season. After that I'd say all bets are off.

One word Rab - brexit.

I think after BREXIT EU players will still be able to come to the UK and play as they are just now. The EPL would struggle without them

Well, by the looks of it, we are none the wiser this week, with quite a bit of the rumours being based on educated conjecture and hearsay.

One or two bookies are laying odds on Pedro C like they know its a done deal, or else they've taken serious heavy bets by someone who thinks its a done deal. The shift in odds would suggest that if its been caused by punters then the money must be significant. BetFair have him at 1/6 and Paddy Power have him at 1/14!! That's getting close to them closing the book before they lose heavily .

I think after BREXIT EU players will still be able to come to the UK and play as they are just now. The EPL would struggle without them

You're right. Rab But I don't think the tory party will negotiate with the jerries, etc on the basis of trying to save the EPL.

One word Rab - brexit.

With all due respect Boabie, I think UEFA, FIFA, the world sports press, would get there before us if this was going to be an issue.