Champions League: Barca Thumped!

Arsenal battered 5-1 in Munich for the second year in a row. They are not a team. Sanchez and Koscielny are the only 2 players who are carrying that team who are weak.

I think Bayern would have won anyway but the game completely changed when Koscielny had to go off. Arsenal were all over the place defensively.

I think Bayern would have won anyway but the game completely changed when Koscielny had to go off. Arsenal were all over the place defensively.

Wenger is too ignorant. He puts his same tactics in every game. He treats Bayern away the same as he would Sunderland at home. At 1-1 they are in the tie but Coquelin isn't good enough at this level, he was stumbled upon due to injuries and had one good game at Man City so has been first pick ever since.

What has Ozil got to do to get dropped. Id have played Monreal as he is better defensively than Gibbs (who I rate) then had Elneny (he is a decent player) with Xhaka in the middle. Walcott on the right, Ox on the left then Sanchez in Ozil's position and Welbeck upfront and let those 4 hit Bayern on the break.

They are missing fighters. If a fit Wilshire and Cazorla is in that team then its a different performance altogether.

Just watched the highlights there of the PSG Barca game.

I remember thinking last night at h-t where PSG were 2-0 up that the only way to see this out was to 'protect' it.

Any side that takes any lead into the break against Barcelona deserve so much credit for going for more.

Well done Paris...a credit to the game!

Watched the last 15 mins of Bayern vs Arsenal and it very much looked like Bayern were clicking and willing. And if they are in that mode, any team will have problems. That said, Arsenal were and looked already morally beaten, which is kind of shame. The secnd game will be a formality, if Bayern go at half throttle, as we won't see Arsenal hit 4 against them without reply.

Plenty goals in the last 16 first legs. 34 goals in 8 games averaging 4.25 goals a game.

Man City v Monaco was a great game but Monaco will be kicking themselves for not at least drawing. Falcao who looks back to a world class striker missing that penalty at 2-1 was the turning point. At 4-3 your thinking what a classic and the 2nd leg would be great - but at 5-3 that changes both teams approach.

I'm astonished Leicester got out of Sevilla with only a 1-goal deficit. I was thinking it would be a case of how many for Sevilla; and although they did dominate, they couldn't quite take their chances. I'm a big fan of Jorge Sampaoli, a tactical genius; his sides are always brilliant to watch.

I'm astonished Leicester got out of Sevilla with only a 1-goal deficit. I was thinking it would be a case of how many for Sevilla; and although they did dominate, they couldn't quite take their chances. I'm a big fan of Jorge Sampaoli, a tactical genius; his sides are always brilliant to watch.

And they are only 3 points off Real Madrid in La liga but played a game more.

I think Sevilla will win at Leicester.

Monaco and Sevilla aren't the big boys in their league but they have more than matched Englands elite. Sevilla beat Liverpool in last seasons Europa final. Monaco knocked Spurs out this seasons CL and should have left Man City with at least a point on Tuesday.

• 2 weeks later...

Seven years in a row Arsenal have fallen at this stage to most clubs that would be some kind of success , watch the gooners fans ranting and raving wanting the manager out they should think on as to what they might end up with

A lot of arsenal fans saying they want to finish out the top 4 so he goes but thats suicide. If they dont get top 4 their new managr wont have the spending power like Chelsea last summer to get back in the top 4. Their good players will leave and they would be overtaken by Everton and Liverpool for sure and end up 7th.

Wenger either needs to stop being stubborn and start buying world class players plus have a plan B or walk away after getting the club into top 4 for next seasons CL so a new man can come in and have something to attract players.

Looking forward to seeing Barca tonight - if ever a wounded animal is going to come out all guns blazing its going to be Barca tonight and they will believe they can turn it around. They may score 5 but PSG may get a goal or two themselves.