Champions League: Barca Thumped!

Never a penalty. The fact that there's contact is irrelevant. That didn't cause the fall to the ground.

SO Barca and Bayern both get incorrect penalties but there's no merit in the comparison?

Don't think that 6 subs means an automatic 3 minutes. Seen plenty of games where the ref doesn't add on 30 secs per sub.

On phone so can't dissect the post.

Suarez went down clutching his throat which was stupid. If you take a look at the feet there looks like a tangling of legs. Indeed, try looking at it from a ref's perspective and not your hatred of Barca (cue your "try looking at it objectively without Barca tinted specs retort... :D) - the defender gets caught wrong side of Suarez and there can be no doubt that he puts his arm across Suarez. Sure, Suarez went down as if he had been hit by a sniper. But the defender gave the ref a decision to make by raising his arm. Was stupid. I'm absolutely baffled that you assert that "contact is irrelevant". Contact for penalty decisions is always relevant. Whether you believe it caused the penalty or not is a different question IMHO.

Regarding the comparison between the Arsenal game and the Barca one I think you are being a tad disingenuous. The cause for my frustration in the Arsenal game was more that the ref faced two very, very similar decisions and only gave one. Either way... at no point did I really get annoyed about it, but merely pointed out that the game changed on those two decisions. It was you who got annoyed by the Barca decision and then tried to have a go at me because I didn't condemn it. I hardly condemned the Bayern one either.

I was pretty sure that each substitution warranted an extra 30 seconds at the end of the game as an automatic addition. But wasn't sure so found this which I thought was interesting (though you may not want to check a BBC link) http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20159223 - it basically says that there are 30 seconds added for each substitution as a rule of thumb plus they usually add 30 seconds for goal celebrations.... so with 6 subs and 3 goals in the 2nd half that would suggest 4.5 minutes - so an extra 30 seconds on top of that is hardly unreasonable Bluedell.

I didn't know about goal celebrations but it makes sense. I always thought the 30 seconds were added on for subs though. It does though look as though there is discretion but the rule of thumbb is a minimum 30 seconds for each sub and each goal.

So I think the time added on is nothing to complain about. Probably better to stick to the "cheating for a penalty" line :D

Either way, I'm still happy I will get to see Barca in the quarter finals - you can keep on hating too though :D. Don't worry though, Barca aren't strong enough to go all the way so you will see the back of the cheats soon enough...

Craig, I don't have a hatred for Barca (they're a great team to watch) and I wasn't annoyed. I said I was sickened but that's not because it was specifically Barca.

Yes, I had a little dig at you but it was meant humourously, hence the whistling emoji.

The contact didn't make him fall so whether there was or wasn't contact doesn't seem that relevant. It was a dive. :)

Craig, I don't have a hatred for Barca (they're a great team to watch) and I wasn't annoyed. I said I was sickened but that's not because it was specifically Barca.

Yes, I had a little dig at you but it was meant humourously, hence the whistling emoji.

The contact didn't make him fall so whether there was or wasn't contact doesn't seem that relevant. It was a dive. :)

The joys of the Internet BD :(. My apologies if it seems I took things the wrong way.

I've looked at the "penalty" incident several times and agree that the contact with the arm is incidental. But I also think that had Suarez simply went down instead of clutching his throat he may have had a shout anyway for their legs tangling - but it would still have been incredibly soft.

Again though were they not denied a stonewalled in the 1st leg for handball ??

Juventus v Porto - should be done and dusted, Juve leading 2-0.

Leicester v Seville - finely balanced and Leicester are a better team at the moment but Seville should have too much for them and I fancy them to win by a few.

Monaco v Man City - I think the 5th goal City got will be the difference. They may lose on the night but not by 2.

Atletico v Bayer Leverkusen - 4-2 for Madrid after the first leg should be more than enough.