Champions League: Barca Thumped!

The late penalty looked somewhat dodgy from the highlights I saw, but there you go. Kudos to Barca to go all the way, wonder whether it will be them vs Bayern in the final ... should be some game.

Edited by der Berliner

Rip Ferdinand disagrees with you on Man U's turnaround Gribz - he thinks last night was the best ever turnaround.

Neutral ground and in the FINAL - that wins it for me but its very close.

Good comments on your last post about visit to Nou Camp - went there for the tour years ago and an immense stadium. Would love to have seen a game. If thats what you think about Messi imagine how good it would have been to seen Maradona live.

I was sickened by the way the ref allowed Barca back into the game.

It seems that it's only bad if the ref does it against Arsenal but when it's in favour of Barca. :whistle:

Given the amount of criticism, over here the German refs were analysed and only that late penalty was called into question. The first one was indeed "my" first penalty where the extra-ref behind the goal actually muttered something. By the letter of the law, the decision was right, despite the defender could hardly do a thing while falling to the ground. But "intent" is not required to give a penalty (or so they said).

The second one was dodgy, as Aguero very much looked for the penalty and in this instance, you would expect the extra-ref to give the ref a helping hand. He failed.

I was sickened by the way the ref allowed Barca back into the game.

It seems that it's only bad if the ref does it against Arsenal but when it's in favour of Barca. :whistle:

:D. Haters keep hating :ninja:

The 1st one was a penalty. Much as though the player stumbled he knew he was falling into Neymar's path. His left arm reaches out (he would argue to brace his fall but could also be argued to put Neymar off his stride). Definite penalty as his falling still prevented Neymar's progression.

The second one Suarez went down like someone being shot. If that was given against me would I be pissed ? Yes. However, was there contact ? Yes. Was it a penalty ? Could have went either way.

Your comparison to Arsenal is without merit in my opinion BD. Arsenal were denied a penalty under very, very similar circumstances to the one given at the same end in the same game for Bayern. Not only that but Lewandoski was offside when he received the ball. Which PSG penalty was similar to either of the Barca ones last night ? And were Barca not denied a strong penalty shout in the 1st leg (or did I just dream that up)? Nobody complaining about that if so though.

As for injury time there were 6 subs I think so that is at least 3 additional minutes. Unfortunately I never saw any of the 2nd half after PSG's goal - there was nothing to merit an extra 2 minutes on top of the expected 3 ??

I cheered out loud when Barca got the 'winner' to the astonishment of Mrs Bearman who jumped in fright whilst reading a book about tragic love entanglements.

I like Barca and particularly Messi, I don't like Real because they have 'Big Heid' Ronaldo! There's a wee race on just now on the first player to score 100 CL goals...before this years competition started Ronaldo was on 93 with Messi seemingly out of it with 83.

Currently it stands at Messi 94 Big Heid 95...why did Messi not take that 2nd pen? Must have 'bottled' it! :D

Edited by Bearman
Shocking Spelling Errors

The second one Suarez went down like someone being shot. If that was given against me would I be pissed ? Yes. However, was there contact ? Yes. Was it a penalty ? Could have went either way.

Never a penalty. The fact that there's contact is irrelevant. That didn't cause the fall to the ground.

Your comparison to Arsenal is without merit in my opinion BD. Arsenal were denied a penalty under very, very similar circumstances to the one given at the same end in the same game for Bayern. Not only that but Lewandoski was offside when he received the ball. Which PSG penalty was similar to either of the Barca ones last night ? .

SO Barca and Bayern both get incorrect penalties but there's no merit in the comparison?

As for injury time there were 6 subs I think so that is at least 3 additional minutes. Unfortunately I never saw any of the 2nd half after PSG's goal - there was nothing to merit an extra 2 minutes on top of the expected 3 ??

Don't think that 6 subs means an automatic 3 minutes. Seen plenty of games where the ref doesn't add on 30 secs per sub.