Champions League: Barca Thumped!

Well, PSG are the Man City of France and checking their scorers, it could well have been a Barca 11 too. On days like this - and some others too - you see "these grand sides" and remember the days when there was a 3-foreigner rule and Rangers were within touching distance of a Champions League final, ere being undone by some naughty French chaps ...

Edited by der Berliner

PSG were excellent. Even at 3-0 and 4-0 they were going for more.

I don't like to see money teams that much but Barca and Real have been receiving the TV money in Spain ahead of the other clubs for years.

But if there is a team who can overturn a 4-0 its Barca. They have won their last 3 home games 4-0 4-0 and 7-2 so they could easily come out and get 2 quick goals and make a tie of it. But PSG keeping a clean sheet has probably done enough. I'll go for 3-0 Barcelona in the 2nd leg.

I fancied Benfica on the night but Dortmund should overturn that at home.

Good night of scores in the Championship. Derby were 3-0 down at home to Bristol City at the weekend and drew 3-3 and tonight lost 4-3 at home to Cardiff. Neil Warnock is a terrific impact manager and if wasn't in that job Id have been calling for him at Ibrox until the end of the season. he kept Rotherham in that league last year also.

Leeds, Reading and Huddersfield all close the gap on Brighton and Newcastle. Sheff Wed keep on going.

It's not impossible for a team like Barca to claw their way back into it at home but I would still deem it highly unlikely given that PSG only need to hold their lines while Barca need to go for it. Chances are that PSG may get an away goal or even 2 and that will put it out of reach. Will make for an interesting match though as they go at it full blast.

Would have made the tie more interesting if Umtiti had scored that late header rather than smash it off the post (big poof if you ask me - he turned his head away from the ball as he was scared to get headered by the defender).

The worst of it is that I am taking the wife and wee fella to the Nou Camp in a couple of weeks for the Celta Vigo game - the atmosphere will be crap. Out of the Champions League and effectively 7 points behind Real..... season done, aside from Copa Del Rey.

Oh well, at least I get a weekend in Barcelona to look at all the stunning tanned Catalonian girls :D

Would have made the tie more interesting if Umtiti had scored that late header rather than smash it off the post (big poof if you ask me - he turned his head away from the ball as he was scared to get headered by the defender).

The worst of it is that I am taking the wife and wee fella to the Nou Camp in a couple of weeks for the Celta Vigo game - the atmosphere will be crap. Out of the Champions League and effectively 7 points behind Real..... season done, aside from Copa Del Rey.

Oh well, at least I get a weekend in Barcelona to look at all the stunning tanned Catalonian girls :D

...and men! :whistle: