Rangers v St Johnstone - match preview

Dodoo isn't a left winger, is he, dB?

I haven't seen him play as one. I've seen him in all 3 positions of a front 3 and he looks most comfortable playing in the centre. He doesn't look like he could play on the left of a midfield 4.

Dodoo isn't a left winger, is he, dB?

I haven't seen him play as one. I've seen him in all 3 positions of a front 3 and he looks most comfortable playing in the centre. He doesn't look like he could play on the left of a midfield 4.

TM has him there as his main position, based on where he played most (not for us, as he's been used sparsely, to say the least):

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joe-dodoo/profil/spieler/261738

That said, the still regard McKay as a right winger (like I do), despite him being used on the left.

Edited by der Berliner

TM has him there as his main position, based on where he played most (not for us, as he's been used sparsely, to say the least):

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joe-dodoo/profil/spieler/261738

That said, the still regard McKay as a right winger (like I do), despite him being used on the left.

Yeah, I'm not convinced as to their accuracy on stuff like that.

IMHO, the only thing where they go on thinner ice is the market value of players / teams, as that stuff is in reality very much market-driven and based on "willingness to sell & demand", not least when temas have exorbitant buying power. But even there they sure have some calculator which "values" anyone according to club, country, league, lengths of contract, age, internatioanl call ups etc., so a base valuation system which applies to all.

As for the rest, they simply put out stats and info ... and more accurate than even some club sites.

I try not to be a glass half empty sort of guy. I try hard.

But I'll be honest, I'm at such a low ebb right now I can't be ersed even posting a score prediction.

In fact I might not even go to the game.

It's not going to happen, but I do think that the 3 - 4 -2 -1 formation would suit our current squad better. We cannot half 2 CB's who are totally and constantly exposed by the lack of awareness of our full backs. In that way, the spaces left behind by Tav and Wallace is less gaping. In every match this season, the opposition have merely played the ball into the spaces which then pulls one of the CBs out of position to attempt to cover. (None of whom have any pace). We don't have natural wingers (you could perhaps argue the case for McKay, but definitely not Waghorn), so rather let them play as 10's. Garner has no support as the wingers are so far from him, so useless trying to play him as the target man.

GK Foderingham

CRB Senderos - CB Hill - CLB Wilson

RM Tavernier - (CM Take your pick from Holt/Torel/Halliday) - CM Hyndman - LM Wallace

10's Waghorn - McKay

ST Garner

It's not going to happen, but I do think that the 3 - 4 -2 -1 formation would suit our current squad better. We cannot half 2 CB's who are totally and constantly exposed by the lack of awareness of our full backs. In that way, the spaces left behind by Tav and Wallace is less gaping. In every match this season, the opposition have merely played the ball into the spaces which then pulls one of the CBs out of position to attempt to cover. (None of whom have any pace). We don't have natural wingers (you could perhaps argue the case for McKay, but definitely not Waghorn), so rather let them play as 10's. Garner has no support as the wingers are so far from him, so useless trying to play him as the target man.

GK Foderingham

CRB Senderos - CB Hill - CLB Wilson

RM Tavernier - (CM Take your pick from Holt/Torel/Halliday) - CM Hyndman - LM Wallace

10's Waghorn - McKay

ST Garner

I've argued for that formation before; it seems to suit what we have. It's certainly in vogue in Italy at the moment.

I try not to be a glass half empty sort of guy. I try hard.

But I'll be honest, I'm at such a low ebb right now I can't be ersed even posting a score prediction.

In fact I might not even go to the game.

I'm the same sadly - can't be bothered posting a score prediction and, even though I can't attend anyway - I am finding myself struggling to actually force myself to watch the game.

Will probably watch the 1st half as I am in the office anyway - will rush home at half time to watch the 2nd, arrive home and find out we are 2 behind despite being level at Half time - and proceed to find something else to do.... at least... that's what I did for the Hearts game.