[FT] Celtic 1 - 1 Rangers (Hill 87)

Battle fever on....the beers are flowing in the heat here....happy day bears. :cheers::drink:

Think I will change my line up preference.

Foderingham

Tavernier Hill Senderos Wallace

Holt Hyndman Toral

Waghorn Miller McKay

Anyone for picking an extremely defensive team to let them come at us and then sticking O'Halloran and McKay up front to out-pace them?

We could essentially go 5 at the back with ...

Hodson - Senderos - Hill - Wilson - Wallace

Tavernier - Toral

Hyndman

Waghorn - McKay

... Tavernier standing on Sinclair's feet, the three man defence not stepping out once. Would give Hodson and Wallace a bit of freedom to move forward still. Toral the creative spark from deep midfield and Hyndman, Waghorn and McKay the main "threat" up front. THAT would essentially be out to minimalize their attack threat and frustrate them to no end. While we have to wait for corners and free kicks to cause them bother.

That said, I do reckon that Holt and Miller will play, probably even Halliday. I do reckon that we will see a similar line-up as last week though, with us hoping to cause them problems in their half and thus keep them from ours.

On a sidenote ... last season, when everything went according to plan for us, every now and then some scribbler couldn't help himself to point out the "sectarian" songs being sung by our support, mostly while we were away. It is quite surprising - given what has been aired this year alone by our support - that the mhedia is rather quite about it. Might be because their beloved Hooped Horrors are in the same league ... and boat now?

Edited by der Berliner

I think I have only ever been less confident of success in an Old Firm game once in my life, the League Cup Semi final a couple of years ago under Kenny clipboard, where we were delighted to get away with a two goal defeat.

Throwing Murty into this game is negligent. I wont be criticising him, but I know for sure I wont agree with his team selection, as I expect Wilson, Halliday and Miller all to play today.

The previous posts with a number of different formations, selections etc have been a great read. It is always very interesting to hear other Bears thoughts on how they think it would be best to line up. Of course none of our opinions matter, but it is one of the better things about Gersnet that we can discuss this with such passion and detail.

For my own tuppence worth, I would go for

Jak

Hodson Hill Senderos Wallace

Tav Toral

Holt McKay Hyndman

Waghorn

I have omitted all the players that in my opinion have had too many chances and have shown to be not up to scratch. Tav will get beaten as a full back but has some qualities so I would be prepared to throw him into a holding midfield role due to lack of options in there. I want two holding players today to offer a bit more protection but wouldnt play two holding players against anyone else. Give him and Toral (not sure this is his best position either but again we dont have much to choose from in this area) a defensive mandate where they are only going to move forward if we are behind. Wallace must be told to curtail the overlaps today, as we simply cannot get caught in behind as a lot of goals we have conceded (including both on Hogmanay) came from these areas.

Barrie has to play in the number 10 role in behind Waggy, with Holt and Hyndman offering the runs in behind from deep for Barrie to pick out. he is the most creative player we have and to me we dont get the best out of him stuck out on the wing where he cant get involved enough in the game.

Our best chance is a park the bus scenario and take one of our few chances. If nothing else a narrow loss should be the worst result.

I would rather win the cup semi final than today if truth be told, kill off another treble chance for them, and we can always be more confident of beating them at Ibrox in the dead rubber at the end of the season to burst their unbeaten league campaign.

In saying all of the above, I would be lying if there wasnt a wee bit of me that is secretly dreaming of sneaking a win today against all odds. In live sport, anything can, and often does, happen, and when we were miles ahead of them you always knew that there was a chance it could just be not our day. The reverse has to be true also, and the luck they have carried thus far and the luck we have not had thus far, may well even out today!

Team for tomorrow:

Wes, Hodson, Hill, Wilson, Wallace, Tav, Hyndman, Holt, Mckay, Miller, Waghorn

This is the team for today, apparently from an ITK poster on FF! which was leaked yesterday!