[FT] Celtic 1 - 1 Rangers (Hill 87)

We need pressure on their fullbacks so I'd go with ...

Fods

Tav Hill Wilson Wallace

Toral Holt

O'Hal Hyndman McKay

Waghorn

That's a good team there Gaffer. Unfortunately imo though, it's probably the one Brenda would love to see us field.

While appreciating that attack is sometimes the best form of defence, can you imagine the wide open spaces we'd leave when 3/4 of our side go charging forward ?

That's a good team there Gaffer. Unfortunately imo though, it's probably the one Brenda would love to see us field.

While appreciating that attack is sometimes the best form of defence, can you imagine the wide open spaces we'd leave when 3/4 of our side go charging forward ?

You're probably right Boabie that Brenda would relish that lineup, but if I really thought Murty would go with that team I'd be changing my prediction to 0-4 for us. No teams have really had a go at Celtic and they are good if you give them too much respect. If we are positive I can see us surprising a few people on Sunday.

Rodgers will go with his consistent 4-3-2-1 formation. The only question I might pose is who will he replace the injured Rogic with as he's used a number of different players there since Rogic got injured. From that its fairly straight forward to work out what has to be done against that system.

From all the talk in both the media and outside of it I get the feeling that they are over confident. Therefore we have to make sure we are difficult to beat first and foremost! Its pivotal that a DMF sweeps anything their AMC's might attempt. In that sense it is vital that Toral not Halliday plays there (Torals placement is incidentally what I think has made all the difference to the team since Murty took over). Otherwise you have to push the defensive line right up to squeeze the space sandwiching the oppositions AMC's between our defence and midfield. As has been seen against Hearts we don't have the pacey defensive personnel, in my opinion, to play that high D-line without a DMF, I know we played with Halliday as DMF against Hearts but for me it was like playing without one as he cant play that position well, which again suggests its vital that Toral plays there. We will play a high D-line as we have for the last 18 months but not as high as we have in the last 3-4 games simply because of Sinclair's and Dembele's pace.

Hodson may well be used as RB bringing Tav into midfield with Toral to replace the work rate of Holt who is a little lightweight for me in this fixture. Hyndman being the AMF option who has all the quality to break their lines. Waghorn on the RW tracking their LB and MacKay on the LW doing the same with their RB, Miller through the middle dropping into MF to congest the space further. Our goals if any will need to come from Waghorn and MacKay possibly Miller or Hyndman on the break.

I would have to have something that looked like this.

Foderingham

Hodson - Senderos - Hill - Wallace

Toral

Tavernier - Hyndman

Waghorn - Miller - MacKay

Would be good to see the team just stuck in and fight. I will never back against a Gers side against Celtic.

Foderingham

Tavernier Wilson Hill Wallace

Waghorn Toral Hyndman McKay

Miller Dodoo

Edited by Gribz

The SHEEP are 9 points ahead of us now after their injury time winner today, we need to take something from this match but I highly doubt we will................

Another bloody injury bloody time bloody winner. Grrrrrrrrrrr

And it might as well be 10 points Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Edited by SteveC