RangersFC has today confirmed Pedro

They are rolling the dice,hoping for a double six.I hope their luck holds.Something tells me it wont.

the one thing i'm hoping that this guy has is one or 2 gems to unearth

watching third rate shite from league 2 in england being signed was soul destroying

This appointment really baffles me.

If we got 60 applicants, in what universe does a CV like Pedro's get past the first round of selections onto even our longest of long lists? Show me the list of the 60 CV's we got in for the job and I will pick 30 better candidates than what we have ended up with. All very suspicious.

It is one thing to say he interviewed well, what I want to know is how on earth he got an interview with his dismal track record of nothingness in the footballing wilderness?

I will of course give him every chance and support at the games, but I fully expect this to be our Dr Jo, and my crystal ball predicts this guy to be gone before the start of the 18-19 season. At that point whoever was on the selection panel should be sacked as well.

His back room appointments will be very interesting. If he brings in a assistant who knows us and the game here, he will have a better chance. If he brings in all his own men his demise will be all the quicker.

I'm completely uninspired.

Sometimes things just don't smell right from the outset, and this is such an event.

I don't know whether he is good, bad, or indifferent. I am prepared to give the guy a chance.

I will say that he was successful in Mexico, a country of over 120 million, with the 4th best supported league in the world, and which, due to the success of its league, has only twelve (12) players plying their trade in Europe. In other words, it is not a footballing wilderness.

Insularity, despite Brexit, is not our friend.

Edited by Uilleam

I don't know whether he is good, bad, or indifferent. I am prepared to give the guy a chance.

I will say that he was successful in Mexico, a country of over 120 million, with the 4th best supported league in the world, and which, due to the success of its league, has only twelve (12) players plying their trade in Europe. In other words, it is not a footballing wilderness.

Insularity, despite Brexit, is not our friend.

Aye,we are right cosmipolitan so we are,

the one thing i'm hoping that this guy has is one or 2 gems to unearth

watching third rate shite from league 2 in england being signed was soul destroying

We have to hope he's got plenty contacts in the game to get us better calibre players at affordable prices

I absolutely believe they are trying to look after their investment to the best of their ability. I don't believe for a moment anything corrupt is happening at board level, but something is definitely not right when it takes 5 weeks to make an appointment of this nature. I want to know who sifted through the CV's and created the long list, who then trimmed that down to a short list, who done the interviews, and who decided to give the job to Pedro. Were there agents or non-employees involved in this process?

I am struggling to believe that good honest Rangers men and experienced businessmen like Gilligan, Park, Murray can be responsible for this farce?

The process was led by the panel and the panel led by the Managing Director just as it should be.

This guy was in the frame before MW got the job , tells you everything , someone rates him big style ...

Only time will tell , and the amount of money that he will be backed with .

This appointment really baffles me.

If we got 60 applicants, in what universe does a CV like Pedro's get past the first round of selections onto even our longest of long lists? Show me the list of the 60 CV's we got in for the job and I will pick 30 better candidates than what we have ended up with. All very suspicious.

Can we put this shit to bed about 60 applicants??!! The bookies couldn't even come up with 20 without including the likes of Owen Coyle and Malky McKay. I will make it easy for you. Tell me 15 better candidates (which is half of the 30 you reckon you could produce).