Local assistant

Not sure how it can be a deduction when, as you yourself say Uilleam, "the duties of which are unclear". You could only really call it a deduction if you had a number of facts and an unknown variable. In this case we have a number of unknown variables and very little fact. I would argue that it is far more an assumption than a deduction.

Regardless - the "to and fro" with Bluedell is unneeded and, I would content, unwarranted - it really is small fry in the grander scheme of things.

FWIW - given that we know almost nothing on this role it is difficult to make any kind of informed preference. All I do know is

1. I like listening to Lovenkrands when he performs commentary duties and clearly has a love of the club because he comes across as very passionate on commentary.

2. I would also love to see Neil McCann in some role at Rangers because he comes across as very balanced, very intelligent and clearly knows his stuff too.

3. Barry loves the club, we all know that - the issue with Barry will always be how his involvement in the PLG debacle evolved - many will never trust him to be loyal to Pedro and many will be incredibly skeptical about whether or not he would try to undermine him for his own benefit, particularly if things start to go wrong for Pedro.

4. Bomber clearly is passionate about the club too - but a little too much of a dinosaur for me.

Primarily I'm against BF if he is the place man of Board interests. Also I fear that he has a big gub.

But, you know, if the job is as circumscribed as perhaps it may be, I think that his ego will be too big to accept it.

I'm not so sure - he may look at it as a "long game" - his foot back in the door to the ultimate position of manager.

Not sure how it can be a deduction when, as you yourself say Uilleam, "the duties of which are unclear". You could only really call it a deduction if you had a number of facts and an unknown variable. In this case we have a number of unknown variables and very little fact. I would argue that it is far more an assumption than a deduction.

Regardless - the "to and fro" with Bluedell is unneeded and, I would content, unwarranted - it really is small fry in the grander scheme of things.

FWIW - given that we know almost nothing on this role it is difficult to make any kind of informed preference. All I do know is

1. I like listening to Lovenkrands when he performs commentary duties and clearly has a love of the club because he comes across as very passionate on commentary.

2. I would also love to see Neil McCann in some role at Rangers because he comes across as very balanced, very intelligent and clearly knows his stuff too.

3. Barry loves the club, we all know that - the issue with Barry will always be how his involvement in the PLG debacle evolved - many will never trust him to be loyal to Pedro and many will be incredibly skeptical about whether or not he would try to undermine him for his own benefit, particularly if things start to go wrong for Pedro.

4. Bomber clearly is passionate about the club too - but a little too much of a dinosaur for me.

I hesitated to call it a "deduction", actually. It just seemed that once I had removed what was there, I was left with a rump.

But never mind.

I don't really have a view on the most appropriate candidate.

PC has stressed he needs loyalty from his staff, and, as I have pointed out, a man may not serve two masters (perhaps even if one of these is merely his own ego), and Board members pushing their own man gets the thumbs down from me.

I hesitated to call it a "deduction", actually. It just seemed that once I had removed what was there, I was left with a rump.

But never mind.

I don't really have a view on the most appropriate candidate.

PC has stressed he needs loyalty from his staff, and, as I have pointed out, a man may not serve two masters (perhaps even if one of these is merely his own ego), and Board members pushing their own man gets the thumbs down from me.

Seems reasonable to me. It should, IMHO, be a footballing person who makes a suggestion for this appointment as it will be a footballing appointment. No disrespect to the Board but they aren't footballing people.

Pedro says that he has spent time with Sir Alex previously - perhaps he should bend his ear about who might be appropriate - but then.... Sir Alex was away from the Scottish game for donkeys years... and he also recommended Moyes to Man U :D

Primarily I'm against BF if he is the place man of Board interests. Also I fear that he has a big gub.

But, you know, if the job is as circumscribed as perhaps it may be, I think that his ego will be too big to accept it.

I agree that much of the criteria for this position appears to be an enigma wrapped up in a riddle etc etc , but for what it's worth I would consider the appointment of Barry Ferguson as a potentially troublesome appointment, he has previous for undermining an in situ manager . I'm not sure whilst we, as a club, are looking at stability and progress on and off the field such an appointment would help, especially ,if as alleged , BF is simply a placeman for individuals on the Board.

I think we should combine this and the club1872 threads.

On that basis, my vote for Pedro's "Cultural Attache" is Craig Houston. :)

Would that mean that the support would know wtf was going on before the Daily Record?

You guys keep suggesting that the role of this assistant is "unclear", or a "riddle", etc. If you listen to what PC says he wants, it seems pretty clear to me, as I posted already. It's a relatively small role and fairly insignificant as far as we are all concerned but it is something that's important to PC. Due to its insignificance I've been relatively disinterested in who gets it, but what does interest me is the level of debate we can generate, especially when it seems that most of it is caused by people making things up (about what the role is) or just not listening to what the man himself said the role was. Bizarre. If you keep up this corruption of the facts, many of you could be in line for a new role yourselves ..... working for the Scottish media!!!!

My interpretation of role, is someone to provide detailed info on domestic opponents & to provide a "local" link to the club.

Now, if the role is primarily focused on domestic opposition, whoever is in that role must display an indepth knowledge of football & team analysis and be able to present that info back to Pedro & the other coaches in a clear & concise manner. They will also be expected to provide detailed info on each ground, managers/coaches and various ground staff. Also the amenities available at each ground along with general logistical info.

Almost like a Scouting role, except focusing on the whole team, rather than an individual player.

I think the link to the club & it's history etc, will very secondary to the above.

Taking all that into account, McCann (of the names mentioned) is probably the best bet, due to him effectively making his current living from analysis etc.