Local assistant

Peter Lovenkrands has emerged as a shock contender for the Rangers No 3 role – with the former Ibrox winger locked in a three-way fight with Barry Ferguson and John Brown.

I think Barry would be the best choice out of those three...although obviously not a view shared generally with the denizens of Gersnet.

It seems, going by the deductions made here, that this position is one not necessarily of coaching, but more about the local knowledge on opponents, grounds, stadia, etc, and that therefore communication skills should be at the fore for any successful candidate.

But that I don't mean good at picking up the phone and leaking info to your journal pals, but a quality of language to ensure they get the right message across to Pedro and the players.

This would obviously rule out Ferguson & Brown, neither of whom can string a coherent sentence together.

However I believe the number 3 role will be a coaching role, similar to Kenny clipboards role under Walter, or Ally's role under Walter for Scotland. Durrant also had this role under Ally. With it looking likely Miller will be given a role with Murty at U20 level, (therefore ruling both of them out) it looks like a former player will be coming back as number 3. Ferguson, Brown, Lovenkrands, are all already quoted, or perhaps an Alex Rae or someone with Scottish coaching/management experience at a decent level and quite recently. For me none of the 3 tipped in the press tick the boxes I would want ticked, but it is going to be more important to have a good working relationship with Pedro and his number 2, than his career path in coaching.

Gersnet baffles me sometimes - in what world would Lovenkrands (a man with no coaching experience) be better than Barry Ferguson?

I am surprised Alex Rae has not been mentioned however.

Probably because Alex Rae is a complete dinosaur in footballing coaching terms , I know a few of the St mirren guys , his coaching methods were like something from the 60,s plus he doesn't believe at all in youth development , which is kind of strange given he was handed the Scotland U19 gig

Probably because Alex Rae is a complete dinosaur in footballing coaching terms , I know a few of the St mirren guys , his coaching methods were like something from the 60,s plus he doesn't believe at all in youth development , which is kind of strange given he was handed the Scotland U19 gig

Sounds perfectly fitting to me - matches the decision to play that game at Easter Road last night. Sam emindset

Gersnet baffles me sometimes - in what world would Lovenkrands (a man with no coaching experience) be better than Barry Ferguson?

I am surprised Alex Rae has not been mentioned however.

Pedro would understand what Lovenkrands was saying to him . As Tannochside says/implies, that is unlikely with Barry or Brown.

I can't say that any of the names thus far suggested have impressed me for what I see (guess) is this particular role. Now, Neil McCann.......

Edited by SteveC

I think Barry would be the best choice out of those three...although obviously not a view shared generally with the denizens of Gersnet.

Not just the Gersnet but over a large part of the online support.

Is it a "coaching job"? Does anyone, apart from PC, know?

Maybe I have missed the definitive statement.

Various names are put forward, for a job, the duties of which seem somewhat unclear.

It is very unclear yet we have fans saying who should and shouldn't get the job:), my view on it is PC is looking for someone to scout the opposition?, detailing the opposition tactics/style of play?, how they play at home and away?, set pieces?, danger men?............................................, of course I could be totally wrong!

It is very unclear yet we have fans saying who should and shouldn't get the job:), my view on it is PC is looking for someone to scout the opposition?, detailing the opposition tactics/style of play?, how they play at home and away?, set pieces?, danger men?............................................, of course I could be totally wrong!

Completely irrelevant, lets just argue about names. ;)

Edited by SteveC