Local assistant

You really are bitter towards Miller,he might well have been at other clubs you despise but has always given 100%+ when in our jersey.

You could say same about Wilson coming back to us from Hearts into the championship,which showed to me that he did not have the resolve and talent to play in the higher league which is showing this season.

Boring to repeat this, but my dislike of Miller as a player pre-dates him playing for the bheasts. I was celebrating when the bheasts wasted money on him as it meant they couldnt sign a proper player for the huge wages this guy has picked up everywhere he has been.

I care not a jot that he played for the tims. I was a big fan of Mojo in a Rangers shirt. I actually was pleased when Wilson came back as I thought he would be a good player for us but it turns out he is rubbish and wasted his career by going to Liverpool at the wrong time.

Pick any guy out of the crowd to give 100%. That is not a reason to support a player, it is the bare minimum expected of them. For the guy wearing the number 9 jersey for Rangers to not be in double figures for goals in mid-March despite playing in every game bar one is a shocking statistic that in this case tells the whole story of his season, an absolute failure. Add in that he had a poor season last season, an absolute stinker (like everyone else) in the season before that, and his three year third spell at our club has been an complete disaster.

His first touch goes further than most can kick it, his finishing when given time to think about it is truly awful, his pace has completely gone, his passing is abysmal, his reading of the game and positioning is below average. His heading is average. Feel free to point out where any of these attributes are wrong. He is so bad he lunged in with a two footed tackle on Sunday in the first five minutes and didnt even get booked never mind sent off because he missed the guy by miles. Had he connected he would have been sent off and left us with 10 men for 85 minutes.

I could (and other Gernetters know this well!) go on and on and on about this guy's footballing inabilities over his career. And not one thing has to do with his badge-kissing of the hoops.

We could argue it all day long TB but wearing the number 9 does not make Miller the striker. Every single time he has played this season he has been dropping deep to collect the ball - and there is no way that this can be because he defies his boss's orders because it has happened so regularly that if he was defying orders then he would have been dropped.

You are suggesting that he has been our striker this season but he really hasn't - he has been playing a very weird position - almost like a combined "8" and "10" whereby he drops off to collect the ball and open up space for others - I suspect the intent was for CB's to drop with him to pull them out of position and open up that space for others. It could have worked except nobody else was then hitting the space he left behind - the Holt of last season would have been perfect for this, but he hasn't hit any decent high standard this season.

Certainly couldn't disagree about his 1st touch - it is terrible for a pro who has made millions from the game - quite honestly my first touch is better than Miller's. His finishing, as I said earlier, is actually very good when it is instinctive but awful when given time to think - his passing isn't abysmal but is very hit and miss, more often miss sadly. I actually think his reading of the game is very good, I think it is better than almost every other player we have. His positioning isn't that bad, but since he has been asked to drop deep for some reason it means he cant be on the end of anything - which therefore leaves folks like yourself lamenting his poor goals return, when the reality is he isn't playing as a striker.

Regarding his lunge on Sunday I think you are being a tad unfair too - you will undoubtedly disagree but from seeing it I got the impression he realized that he wasn't getting anywhere near the ball when he left the ground and pulled out of hitting the player (will watch it again tonight though).

Thanks Craig regards the numbers worn.As clubs nowadays have to name squads numbers are immaterial unlike past days when players were given a shirt relating to a position.

Your summing up of Miller's play is how I relate his worth.

We could argue it all day long TB but wearing the number 9 does not make Miller the striker. Every single time he has played this season he has been dropping deep to collect the ball - and there is no way that this can be because he defies his boss's orders because it has happened so regularly that if he was defying orders then he would have been dropped.

You are suggesting that he has been our striker this season but he really hasn't - he has been playing a very weird position - almost like a combined "8" and "10" whereby he drops off to collect the ball and open up space for others - I suspect the intent was for CB's to drop with him to pull them out of position and open up that space for others. It could have worked except nobody else was then hitting the space he left behind - the Holt of last season would have been perfect for this, but he hasn't hit any decent high standard this season.

Certainly couldn't disagree about his 1st touch - it is terrible for a pro who has made millions from the game - quite honestly my first touch is better than Miller's. His finishing, as I said earlier, is actually very good when it is instinctive but awful when given time to think - his passing isn't abysmal but is very hit and miss, more often miss sadly. I actually think his reading of the game is very good, I think it is better than almost every other player we have. His positioning isn't that bad, but since he has been asked to drop deep for some reason it means he cant be on the end of anything - which therefore leaves folks like yourself lamenting his poor goals return, when the reality is he isn't playing as a striker.

Regarding his lunge on Sunday I think you are being a tad unfair too - you will undoubtedly disagree but from seeing it I got the impression he realized that he wasn't getting anywhere near the ball when he left the ground and pulled out of hitting the player (will watch it again tonight though).

Well it is strange that it is only when Miller is playing the central role in the front three that we ask that player to drop deep. When Waghorn/Garner or any other player is occupying that position (very often in the same game when the front 3 rotate) then they are never as out of position as Miller is. You call it dropping deep, I call it out of position! I would add that being at the games live gives you a greater perspective to see these things than on tv, as much of it is off the ball, but being in Bermuda sounds a lot better for the rest of the time!

I'll agree Tannoch but will also admit straight off that Miller has never been my favourite player.

I just don't get what others see in the guy. Running around with a twisted face waving your arms about does nothing to help the side.

His scoring record this season alone should see him shown the door. That's to say nothing about his ability to control the ball.

Some say he's been a great servant. He's been paid very well to have been that.

I won't fall out with anybody here about him so will just admit he's not and never has been my cup of tea.

He's never been my cup of tea either boabie, however when you take in the state of the club and how circumstances saw him come back in and how far we have fallen (nothing to do with sporting ability and all that) he has 'delivered' in a sense, a remarkable, sometimes silly attitude of defiance on the park. What let's him down (in my eyes) is his 'flitting' to the hideous mob. A bit of a stain on him by Rangers standards, in fairness to him though he seemed to 're-invent' himself and become once and for all a Ranger in the end!

Only kidding lads...Miller will get nowhere near being a true Ranger...he isn't proxy to anything I've watched in a blue shirt all my life, most of today's players are like that!

Baxter, Wilson, Brand and Greig never moved to the dark side did they?

Miller carries a stain which some fans will never forgive! Include me in that.:)

In a word....NO! His own fault sadly!

Kenny in frame Rangers hitman Kenny Miller in the running to be new boss Pedro Caixinha’s No3 at Ibrox

It's believed the Portuguese coach could opt to promote from within, handing the striker the new deal he craves in the process

KENNY MILLER is in the running for a coaching role at Rangers.

SunSport understands Miller, 37, will be considered for the job of first-team coach as boss Pedro Caixinha shapes his new management dream team.

Helder Baptista is expected to be confirmed as Gers’ No2, with Jose Belman poised to replace axed Jim Stewart as keeper coach.

Rangers and Caixinha are keen to install a Scot alongside the trio, with Barry Ferguson among those mentioned.But it’s believed Caixinha could now opt to promote from within, handing Miller the new deal he craves in the process.Having started his playing career at Hibs in 1998, Miller knows the Scottish game inside out.

Now in his third spell with the Ibrox club, he is a highly popular figure in the dressing room.Miller is also a hugely influential figure on the training ground, and someone keen to move into coaching.The job would allow Miller to continue playing while taking the next step in his career.

Former Ibrox boss Mark Warburton had been keen to get a new deal for veteran hitman Miller, who has had an excellent season on his return to the top flight.Gers chiefs will discuss all potential candidates in the coming days, but it’s believed Miller is now the clear front runner for the No3 role.

Rangers hope Miller’s experience and knowledge of Scottish opposition will prove invaluable to Caixinha, who is preparing for his first match in charge against Hamilton at Ibrox on Saturday.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/728719/rangers-hitman-kenny-miller-in-the-running-to-be-new-boss-pedro-caixinhas-no3-at-ibrox/

Can I add that I have no problem with Miller becoming a coach at our club. He gets a clean slate as it is a new job. It makes a lot of sense to promote someone already well liked within the squad. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesnt. I hope he can go on to be a great coach for us. He has played under a lot of different managers and styles throughout his nomadic career and seems fairly intelligent so there are a lot of positives for Miller to make a good coach. If that is with us all the better.

If Pedro gives him another year's playing contract I will be really upset however as that will drain (no matter how downsized the playing side of the contract is) the budget and prevent another player (Dodoo/Hardie/new signing) from getting a chance if Miller continues to get playing game time and a place in the squad.

In my book, Miller has to choose between furthering his playing career (elsewhere) or retiring and concentrating on coaching (here). That is entirely his choice to make, but I hope it is the choice he is given.