Local assistant

When Clint Hill arrived, he made it clear he wanted to gain his badges with a view to going into a coaching/assistant role in the next couple of years. I'm sure he and Kenny will both have put themselves forward for this role. Either would be good.

However, if there's a coaching session on controlling the ball, I'd think Kenny will need someone else to demonstrate for him. He can still trap the ball further than I can kick it. There's no doubting his passion though.

After Barry's attitude towards the new ideas of PLG, I'd have him nowhere near the players. He was a great player for us but that episode showed a poor side to his character and we are better off without it. IMO.

When Clint Hill arrived, he made it clear he wanted to gain his badges with a view to going into a coaching/assistant role in the next couple of years. I'm sure he and Kenny will both have put themselves forward for this role. Either would be good.

However, if there's a coaching session on controlling the ball, I'd think Kenny will need someone else to demonstrate for him. He can still trap the ball further than I can kick it. There's no doubting his passion though.

After Barry's attitude towards the new ideas of PLG, I'd have him nowhere near the players. He was a great player for us but that episode showed a poor side to his character and we are better off without it. IMO.

I'm not advocating that Barry Ferguson should get this position because I would rather see either of the other two you mentioned get it but I don't think we can judge Ferguson on his behaviour all those years ago when still a young boy. I know i'm an entirely different person now than I was as long ago as that and I expect most if not all people are the same in that respect. On both a personal level and regarding views of how the game should be played.

I'm not advocating that Barry Ferguson should get this position because I would rather see either of the other two you mentioned get it but I don't think we can judge Ferguson on his behaviour all those years ago when still a young boy. I know i'm an entirely different person now than I was as long ago as that and I expect most if not all people are the same in that respect. On both a personal level and regarding views of how the game should be played.

Too true, I'd kick the 25 year old Norris in the gonads.

Steve Clarke would be a good option or Joe Jordan. Pretty sure he doesnt have to be local. Ray Wilkins another option.

I think Neil McCann would be good, he is clever enough to know the role.

Chris Sutton he knows everything about Rangers he is always telling us what we are doing wrong and were we are going wrong .

Good shout. He's got a good managerial pedigree - just look at how Lincoln have fallen apart since his departure.