Club1872 resignations

It's all very sad. The tiny silver lining on this cloud is that I was recently disappointed to find out that my standing order to the RST did not go into 1872. I had presumed that post 1872 being created - and indeed read from a poster somewhere - that the reason the RST was still taking money was that it was transferred into 1872 funds.

It seems this is not the case and that the continuing deductions that are going to the RST are being used to 'tie up the loose ends there' and pay admin costs. It's only a tenner so I'm not overly bothered, and if the RST need it then that's fine, and now I am less disappointed that it is not going to 1872 than I was a couple of days ago.

It would be nice to be able to give money to the club in a straightforward manner, however.

Edited by SteveC

It's all very sad. The tiny silver lining on this cloud is that I was recently disappointed to find out that my standing order to the RST did not go into 1872. I had presumed that post 1872 being created - and indeed read from a poster somewhere - that the reason the RST was still taking money was that it was transferred into 1872 funds.

It seems this is not the case and that the continuing deductions that are going to the RST are being used to 'tie up the loose ends there' and pay admin costs. It's only a tenner so I'm not overly bothered, and if the RST need it then that's fine, and now I am less disappointed that it is not going to 1872 than I was a couple of days ago.

It would be nice to be able to give money to the club in a straightforward manner, however.

I'm not so sure about that Steve. I'm almost certain that despite the unfounded accusations of the usual suspects, all RST monies are being transferred to 1872.

Edited by boabie

I'm not so sure about that Steve. I'm almost certain that despite the unfounded accusations of the usual suspects, all RST monies are being transferred to 1872.

I had thought that way - and in exactly that frame of mind - until Christine posted to say otherwise on FF.

I had thought that way - and in exactly that frame of mind - until Christine posted to say otherwise on FF.

To clarify, all donations for shares (previously Buy Rangers) goes to Club 1872. Payments for RST annual membership may well go to Club 1872 once the RST is wound up.

Thanks, Christine. I was just about to pm you to ask if Iwas making an error. It was the annual membership to which I was referring. Two weeks ago I'd have been very keen that it went to 1872 - now, I am not really bothered

Like most, I'm giving up on dreams of fan ownership as it seems to have been repeatedly proven that we are not to be trusted despite the best endeavours of good folk like yourself.

Edited by SteveC

Sorry, I wan't meaning to imply that you were or should be - just saying, in shorthand, why I was no longer of the same opinion.

If the Rangers team gave up every time there was a down moment we would be raging. There will always be times when things go temporarily downhill but that does not mean it is the end of the road. As the coaches would say 1872 need to sort out the problem, dust themselves down and move on.

If the Rangers team gave up every time there was a down moment we would be raging. There will always be times when things go temporarily downhill but that does not mean it is the end of the road. As the coaches would say 1872 need to sort out the problem, dust themselves down and move on.

You youngsters with your belief and optimism. Fair tires me out :)