Club1872 resignations

9 years ago now and we're not much further forward... :(

It's a bloody cheek from the board, for all the money, shares bought, goodwill and not forgetting fight, the board deem to downgrade the major shareholder, and to funnel our concern and input through a junior office. If this is allowed to stand then heads need to roll imo.

I'd suggest the person in question should have resigned when they applied for the SLO role. But given James Blair's position I guess the line on that is somewhat blurry.

Nah, I don't think they had a need to resign until they were confirmed in the role. What they SHOULD have done though was recuse them from ANY situation which could call into question C1872's independence.

If unsuccessful in the SLO interview process then they remain in C1872.

If successful in the SLO interview process they resign from C1872.

Both instances retain the independence of C1872 without any issue. They way the person handled it meant that the independence of C1872 was always going to be called into question.

Smacks of personal advancement over C1872 independence to me.

The irony in this situation is that the director who is getting named on twitter as being the cause of these resignations, during the hustings stated that he believed James Blair shouldn't stand due to conflicts of interest ,you couldn't make it up

One theme that was repeated numerous times, was that club1872 directors were not to seek any advancement or personal aggrandisement through any connection to the club. How does that stand now?

And it was brought up at every hustings event

The irony in this situation is that the director who is getting named on twitter as being the cause of these resignations, during the hustings stated that he believed James Blair shouldn't stand due to conflicts of interest ,you couldn't make it up

He's also showing either a lack of self awareness or a lack of understanding of the role.

There's going to be many times where the wishes of the support will be put second and where the corporate view will need to be taken. I don't see him being able to do that. Discretion and subtlety will be required.

He's got many strengths and it's those that make him unsuitable.

So in short and by the sound of it, one director couldn't help it and sought a closer "job" at Rangers while keeping his post at the Club1872, and did not inform the others ... or something to that content, which prompted the three others to quit while the "culprit" remained?