Club1872 resignations

I'm not giving up on club1872, the objectives remain the same, just some of the faces change. Hopefully this can be ironed out amicably and we can move on. This is too important a project to let it fail at this stage.

I agree. Could be the membership do something about it, tell the guy in question to resign and the 3 to withdraw their resignations. I have emailed Club1872.

Club 1872

Copland House

2nd Floor, Ibrox Stadium

Edmiston Drive, G51 2XD

e: info@club1872.co.uk

Edited by BEARGER

Can I just confirm' date=' unequivocally, in response to some rumours which have surfaced - none of the directors who resigned have applied for the SLO post, or any other post for that matter currently advertised by Rangers.[/quote']

Nor should anyone who truly believes in the aims of C1872.

If anyone wants to work with Rangers they should [be made to] resign their office with the supporters group.

I want our group to support the club but want a clear line between what we do and how the club work.

I'm not giving up on club1872, the objectives remain the same, just some of the faces change. Hopefully this can be ironed out amicably and we can move on. This is too important a project to let it fail at this stage.

Hopefully, yes.

The entire C1872 board have to stand for re-election every year, right? Then nobody should be resigning due to any other board members conduct.

If it is so bad, then he wouldn't be re-elected again. It is up to the membership to decide whether he is out of order or not. Who proposed/seconded these board members when they ran for election anyway?

This sort of petty politics reminds me a bit of the trade union movement - instead of standing together for the members' interests, committee members instead soon end up going in the huff with each other and throwing their toys out of the pram. Ultimately this sort of thing just leads to reduced membership and less influence.

I cancelled my C1872 subscription due to the fact the club completely ignored their demand to cut the away allocation at the celtic match. They have zero influence, couldn't even be bothered to respond to my tweets, and didn't have an AGM this year. But hey, they are quite good at organising dinner parties and raffling tickets for the directors box.. they seem to think we are all desperate to get a seat in there, for some reason..

The entire C1872 board have to stand for re-election every year, right? Then nobody should be resigning due to any other board members conduct.

If it is so bad, then he wouldn't be re-elected again. It is up to the membership to decide whether he is out of order or not. Who proposed/seconded these board members when they ran for election anyway?

This sort of petty politics reminds me a bit of the trade union movement - instead of standing together for the members' interests, committee members instead soon end up going in the huff with each other and throwing their toys out of the pram. Ultimately this sort of thing just leads to reduced membership and less influence.

I cancelled my C1872 subscription due to the fact the club completely ignored their demand to cut the away allocation at the celtic match. They have zero influence, couldn't even be bothered to respond to my tweets, and didn't have an AGM this year. But hey, they are quite good at organising dinner parties and raffling tickets for the directors box.. they seem to think we are all desperate to get a seat in there, for some reason..

The sellik allocation is a minefield mate. Under the football rules they must receive a certain amount of tickets. Then the police rules come into play. Finding somewhere to put them that would not leave us open to expected accusations won't be easy.

Let's not kid ourselves that some feckwit wouldn't ruin things if we gave them the Broomloan Front.

If it is so bad, then he wouldn't be re-elected again. It is up to the membership to decide whether he is out of order or not.

How long is it until the next election?

Why should the resigning directors be tainted with the actions of a problematic director?

Who says that the problematic director wouldn't be re-elected anyway? Just because someone feels strongly about something doesn't mean that others do.

Boards of directors have collective responsibility. By staying on the board they would have been condoning his actions.

They were quite right to resign if they felt strongly about his actions.

Update from Club1872:

http://club1872.co.uk/news/board-comment-on-resignations/

Club 1872 Directors are aware of concerns by members due to a blog by resigning directors. The Directors feel the blog contains inaccuracies, was unnecessary and unprofessional.

The Board would like to point out that it does operate to the highest standards and that the perceived conflict which triggered the resignations was most definitely NOT seen as a problem to the remaining board members, two of whom have significant levels of corporate governance experience.

Some members have stated they wish a members meeting to discuss concerns arising from this situation. The Board of Club 1872 unanimously agree with this course of action and will contact members with a suitable date and venue for a members meeting as soon as practically possible.