Club1872 resignations

Good Evening Mr Bearger

The three directors that resigned did not give the board the opportunity to discus this matter at a board meeting. The three of them took the decision themselves and left the remaining directors to deal with it

We are actively trying to arrange a members meeting and will also be discussing the resignations at a board meeting in early April

Kind Regards

William Cowie

Club 1872

That's an interesting take on matters - thanks for posting that BG.

Im sure both Laura and Joanne will find that of equal interest.

It's obvious from replies we have all had , that there is not going to be a meeting soon , the next meeting of the remaining directors is early April so god knows when after that they will sort this out .

Do you know if at this members meeting , proposals can be taken from the floor , I can't get a hold of the constitution .

Good Evening Mr Bearger

The three directors that resigned did not give the board the opportunity to discus this matter at a board meeting. The three of them took the decision themselves and left the remaining directors to deal with it

We are actively trying to arrange a members meeting and will also be discussing the resignations at a board meeting in early April

Kind Regards

William Cowie

Club 1872

That is, at best, being economical with the truth.

Are the minutes of Club 1872 meetings made available to members?

It seems strange that the discussions at the board would be kept quiet from members. So either those directors that resigned did raise these concerns (and in which case they are minuted), or they didn't. It should be straight forward to check and thereby bypassing this charade. These posts and announcements are filled with words but void of any content. It then invites the readers to read between the lines and fill in the blanks. This is a poor way to build trust and in my opinion none of the directors (neither those who resigned nor those still in role) have managed this situation particularly well.

For fan ownership to work we need a strong team to run Club 1872. From my reading of this, we clearly have no sense of team at all, never mind a strong one. The primary requirement of any team is a clear goal that everyone buys in to. Again for me this does not exist. It seems to me that personal advancement has overtaken the collective goal and that's always going to undermine the effectiveness and trust within the team. It's times like these that either strong leaders emerge and resolve the challenge, or the team dies along with its purpose. I'm sure most of us would like to see the fan ownership model succeed, but who can lead it, build trust, and truly meet the objectives it was created to achieve? I don't know any of the characters involved, but as an outsider I am not impressed by any of them.

In so many ways it is unfair for me to criticise others for their apparent mismanagement. I didn't campaign against the previous regimes as some have done. I am not a Club 1872 member. I am not interested in a role in either the RIFC or Club 1872. I'm just a supporter that wants to see how well this concept performs before I commit to it myself. You'd think that after everything that's happened to our club recently we would find so many more things to unite us than divide us but for some reason the suspicion and mistrust of previous regimes has resulted in us trusting very few and arguing with many. Other supporters are not enemy here. We know who the enemies are. We are crying out for trusted figureheads to fix a broken support. I just don't see where they will come from though. The Rangers board has a role to play in that but so do we.

Thank goodness we have a game in a couple of weeks because at least then we will be back talking about the really important stuff, and at least for 90 minutes we will have a distraction from this off the field turmoil.

IIRC they issued minutes after the first board meeting but not on any subsequent ones.

So much for the openness promised.

I seem to recall reading a couple of board meeting summaries, but couldn't remember how many.

I checked and minutes/ summaries of board meetings held on the following dates are available to members:

- 29 October 2016

- 2 December 2016

- 9 January 2017

- 30 January 2017

- 6 February 2017

IIRC they issued minutes after the first board meeting but not on any subsequent ones.

So much for the openness promised.

Old age must be affecting your memory D. :rfcbouncy: There are summaries of all the Board meetings on the Club 1872 website apart from the last two, I believe drafts are now with the remaining Board members.