Club1872 resignations

No, I don't believe that poses any problems - so long as you are renting office space or even just renting a mailing address. If, however, these are being provided free gratis by the Club then you COULD have an independence issue. Effectively, so long as your transactions are at arms length then independence isn't an issue.

It is a good question to be asking though.

What if Office space or a mailing address was rented to the SFA @ Parkhead....would that coz any "independent" issues???

What if Office space or a mailing address was rented to the SFA @ Parkhead....would that coz any "independent" issues???

Not really - they are one and the same entity anyway :ninja:

Let me say from the off, I know Craig Houston as i have met him at a meeting at the Loudon, also on protests, leaflet handouts and two marches connected to the protests. I am a supporter of his and think he could do a good job for the club in the position of SLO.

However i think he was wrong in not temporary standing down from director of Club1872, whilst his application for the position of SLO was being considered. His position in club1872 was clearly temporary compromised during the Rangers club application process. If the other three directors who haven't resigned their positions can't see this and acknowledge the fact , then i would question their governess of club1872 and it's rules.

If the rules and gornnessfor club1872 and it's directors behaviour in circumstances like this one, aren't clear enough then i would suggest the are amended forthwith in the light of this debacle.

Let me say from the off, I know Craig Houston as i have met him at a meeting at the Loudon, also on protests, leaflet handouts and two marches connected to the protests. I am a supporter of his and think he could do a good job for the club in the position of SLO.

I'd say most on this thread who have been critical, support the great work he's done. It's nothing personal.

Board Comment on Resignations

Club 1872 Directors are aware of concerns by members due to a blog by resigning directors. The Director feel the blog contains inaccuracies, was unnecessary and unprofessional.

The Board would like to point out that it does operate to the highest standards and that the perceived conflict which triggered the resignations was most definitely NOT seen as a problem to the remaining board members, two of whom have significant levels of corporate governance experience.

Some members have stated they wish a members meeting to discuss concerns arising from this situation. The Board of Club 1872 unanimously agree with this course of action and will contact members with a suitable date and venue for a members meeting soon.

http://club1872.co.uk/news/board-comment-on-resignations/

Not sure you could claim to be independent if your office space is being provided for free - the cloud of having those facilities pulled from you by the landlord (the club) could give rise to a lack of independence, or at least the suggestion of it.

If the club even threatened to remove facilities from C1872 I would think that thousands of fans who thought like myself would ensure that the club were the losers in such a scenario.

As I've always said, I'll support them, but don't take me for a fecking mug.

If the club even threatened to remove facilities from C1872 I would think that thousands of fans who thought like myself would ensure that the club were the losers in such a scenario.

As I've always said, I'll support them, but don't take me for a fecking mug.

I wouldn't disagree, but that isn't an argument for independence.

I think we should not lose sight of this comment included in the statement by the 3 resignees.

"However, throughout our tenure we found the conduct of one director particularly challenging, causing all of us to make considerable personal compromises at times".

I wouldn't disagree, but that isn't an argument for independence.

My point about independence comes from where I put money in with the hope that shares will be bought so that the support can have more say on how the club is run. I can recall back in the 60's my dad and his friends moaning about how despite crowds of 60/80,000 fans regularly we had no say on "what that bassa Marlborough does".

It didn't get any better in the years since then and the current lot in the boardroom have taken us back to the days before Whyte. At least the conman Green appeared every so often in the media, even if only to sell more snake-oil. The mob we now have continue to allow the usual suspects to peddle their garbage while expecting the fans to dig deep. What was the last meaningful thing any of our board had to say to us ?

Mate, more and more Rangers fans are becoming depressed at what's happening with the clubs board. The attitude of mates on a weekly basis tells me that. I'd say the window of opportunity for our present set of blazers is fast closing and they will only have themselves to blame.