Ferguson as the manager's third assistant

........... However, there is a more, well, sinister way of looking at the current clamour/QUOTE]

Mischief making perhaps by the Dhaily Rhebel who prepare and print Monday, BF's imminent Interview while rumours abound it's a done deal. Tuesday - the all knowing/seeing Keech Jackson tweets that BF denies the rumour.

Is it just my paranoia or is the timing between BF's resignation, PC need for a 'Local Assistant' and the rumour/Rhebel article just a bit off (smelly)?

OR

Meanwhile back in the board room - Oh! what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive!

................ and so say I.

Why are you so against Ferguson? Even if he has in your eyes - committed the ultimate sin - does a man not deserve a second chance?

Barry Ferguson has come a long way from PLG era - not to mention captaining us to a UEFA cup final.

I remember being a 13 year old up at gleddoch where me and my mate were members and spent a lot of time. The youth members had their own separate lounge with a snooker table. Went to go in one day with my mate and Barry Ferguson (captain at the time I think) was in there with Craig Moore and a couple of other players. Think it was Bob Malcolm and maybe Charlie Miller but memory is failing . Anyway as we entered the room shocked to be presented with several of our idols BF barked at us to get the fuck out. Shocked we turned to leave when Craig Moore told him to get a grip and asked us in. This lead to a full blown argument with BF stating he didn't want fucking pain in the arse kids hanging around and a few other choice terms to call kids he had never met before. The other players told him where to go so he flung the cue down and stormed off. After that we were treated to a great hour or so by the others ,playing snooker etc until they were called away by DA.

That memory will always be the measure of the man for me. A complete scumbag who was an embarrassment as Rangers captain. Had the privilege of meeting many players when I was young and nobody else ever acted with such distaste as he did.

Why are you so against Ferguson? Even if he has in your eyes - committed the ultimate sin - does a man not deserve a second chance?

Barry Ferguson has come a long way from PLG era - not to mention captaining us to a UEFA cup final.

Apart from the V-sign and boozegate there was indeed the whole Le Guen affair + his ma baw performances where he thought he was the only player on the field.

Apart from the V-sign and boozegate there was indeed the whole Le Guen affair + his ma baw performances where he thought he was the only player on the field.

He was also the Rangers captian who walked away when we really needed him.

I remember being a 13 year old up at gleddoch where me and my mate were members and spent a lot of time. The youth members had their own separate lounge with a snooker table. Went to go in one day with my mate and Barry Ferguson (captain at the time I think) was in there with Craig Moore and a couple of other players. Think it was Bob Malcolm and maybe Charlie Miller but memory is failing . Anyway as we entered the room shocked to be presented with several of our idols BF barked at us to get the fuck out. Shocked we turned to leave when Craig Moore told him to get a grip and asked us in. This lead to a full blown argument with BF stating he didn't want fucking pain in the arse kids hanging around and a few other choice terms to call kids he had never met before. The other players told him where to go so he flung the cue down and stormed off. After that we were treated to a great hour or so by the others ,playing snooker etc until they were called away by DA.

That memory will always be the measure of the man for me. A complete scumbag who was an embarrassment as Rangers captain. Had the privilege of meeting many players when I was young and nobody else ever acted with such distaste as he did.

A wee anecdote as I was told by the former Chairman of the Rangers Disabled Supporters Club. Barry was voted the RDSC POTY and as per the norm arrangements were made through the proper channels for him to attend the POTY and receive his trophy. Come the actual event those present eagerly waited his attendance then they waited and waited and waited till it became clear he wasn't going to attend. Now he had previously agreed to attend and never stated he wouldn't, he didn't proffer a reason for his non attendance nor did he bother to apologise for his non attendance.

keith jackson‏*

@tedermeatballs

Just spoke to a rather bemused Barry Ferguson. He's bewildered by reports that he met Caixinha yesterday.

Hope that is true. Not surprised that Jackson has spoken to him, there's always been a conduit between them.

Also he was 31 when the Scotland debacle took place, not a teenager.