Dave King facing an uncertain Ibrox future

For the whole of my life my nationality has been British!, every form filled in asking me my nationality I write British!, have I been wrong all these years?. I don't need to tell people I'm Scottish!, as soon as I open my mouth everyone knows I'm Scottish!:)

I'm a Rangers supporter. Your are Rangers supporters. Any other label that results in separating us from each other is irrelevant and divisive. Nationality, religion, sex, and jobs don't matter as far as Rangers is concerned. We quite rightly pride ourselves in having a truly multinational and multicultural following so let's not alienate anyone in the Rangers family by criticising or challenging their attitudes towards anything outside of our football club. I'd be happy to wear one label ..... "I am Rangers and We Are The People"

a wee point of note....

Unless someone physically separates Scotland from England, we can always be termed as British, due to being part of the British isles - it refers to the physical land mass. It's the same as referring to someone from Kenya as African.

a wee point of note....

Unless someone physically separates Scotland from England, we can always be termed as British, due to being part of the British isles - it refers to the physical land mass. It's the same as referring to someone from Kenya as African.

Were Scots "British" before the treaty of union ?

Scotland is a sovereign nation. We made a union with other parts of these isles but that doesn't change the fact that we are Scots ......... and British of course.

When the Kenyan is asked his nationality I doubt very much that he would write down "African".

Were Scots "British" before the treaty of union ?

Scotland is a sovereign nation. We made a union with other parts of these isles but that doesn't change the fact that we are Scots ......... and British of course.

When the Kenyan is asked his nationality I doubt very much that he would write down "African".

Scotland is not a sovereign nation. The UK is the sovereign nation made up of 4 countries: England, Scotland , Wales & Northern Ireland.

We're British because we live in the British Isles whose largest island is called Great Britain which consists of 3 countries: England, Scotland & Wales

Edited by RANGERRAB

I'm not quite sure how a thread about DK turned into a debate about "identity" and Rangers? Either way, the idea that anyone constructs their political choice (and ultimately their kids future etc.) based on their own football allegiances and the so called prejudices against that said club, is utterly baffling to me.

For the whole of my life my nationality has been British!, every form filled in asking me my nationality I write British!, have I been wrong all these years?. I don't need to tell people I'm Scottish!, as soon as I open my mouth everyone knows I'm Scottish!:)

My mums side of the family are English and I am Scottish. I refer to myself on any forms or to those from overseas as British. I have always seen myself and everyone else from the British isles as British first and scots/English/Welsh or NI second.

As for nats being parochial, of course they are. By definition nationalism is divisive and parochial. Also to deny that the SNP are not demonising and dehumanising unionists and the Rangers support through its association is not unusual from nats. The good thing about the second referendum is that many have woken up to their "squirrel politics". Diverting attention while educating/jobs/health/economic growth are all falling apart. Don't worry though because "look there's a squirrel"!.

I'm proud to be British and of the British mentality. I can't say I share the same level of commitment for being Scottish. I would pick British every time.

Scotland is not a sovereign nation. The UK is the sovereign nation made up of 4 countries: England, Scotland , Wales & Northern Ireland.

We're British because we live in the British Isles whose largest island is called Great Britain which consists of 3 countries: England, Scotland & Wales

I'll correct what I posted - Scotland was a sovereign nation until the treaty of union. Should Scotland decide to leave the UK it would once again become a sovereign nation.

My mums side of the family are English and I am Scottish. I refer to myself on any forms or to those from overseas as British. I have always seen myself and everyone else from the British isles as British first and scots/English/Welsh or NI second.

As for nats being parochial, of course they are. By definition nationalism is divisive and parochial. Also to deny that the SNP are not demonising and dehumanising unionists and the Rangers support through its association is not unusual from nats. The good thing about the second referendum is that many have woken up to their "squirrel politics". Diverting attention while educating/jobs/health/economic growth are all falling apart. Don't worry though because "look there's a squirrel"!.

I'm proud to be British and of the British mentality. I can't say I share the same level of commitment for being Scottish. I would pick British every time.

What exactly is British mentality? Just asking